chapter 1

The cold concrete  floor made me shiver  through  the night . This was my life now ...all I had to live for was my own survival , it's been three years or so I've heard since I've been here. I was captured on my 19th  birthday  and we'll now I was 21 . Ever since that day my life has been the same cycle I've been living in a cell all alone ,there's  other women here but we only get to see each other  when we're being put in line .

It's weird we all get taken from our cells and put in a line where we all stand next to each other  the men who took us walk by with other men in fancy clothes scanning each of us like a new car. Then the fancy men pick a girl and she's taken out of here and never seen again. I've  never spoken to anyone here ,the last time I talked I told the main guy he couldn't keep me here but then he beat me near to death and we'll I've never left. I always  wondered  if anyone looked for me but that was a small chance since most of my relatives had passed and the only person I was close with disappeared, her name was Chloe ....she was my best friend but I never had the chance to find out where she went .

The sound of the cell doors opening  echoed through  the halls. "GET IN LINE LADIES! AND SMILE BIG ,WE GOT SOME IMPORTANT  PEOPLE TODAY " I covered myself more with my ragged  black cardigan and put on my dirty white converse. They treated us like animals here so most of us had what we came with . I missed the feeling of a shower and a hot meal I'd die just to feel that freedom again.

I walked behind a girl with brown hair and a dirty white dress . We made our way outside into a courtyard waiting  for everyone to get settled . All though it was freezing i couldn't help but enjoy the sight of the sun and clear sky's . "ALRIGHT  BRING HIM IN BOYS" The other captures walked to the door leaving us to wait for this so called important  person .

I looked around seeing all the different  types of women that were around me, we all had the same knotted  hair and distressed  clothes  along with our tired faces.a couple women had bruises on their faces and arms Although the men never touched us intimately those of us who disobeyed  them still had to suffer their abuse. The doors opened and the two men walked in being followed by a man in a blue suit. He had short groomed  hair and tattoos  that surrounded  his neck and hands they seemed to go up more but I wasn't sure since he was mostly covered  up .

He walked down the line with a serious face looking at each girl intently . He stopped at one of the women with bruises on her face ,he spoke with a deep British accent  "for the amount of money you charge you'd  think you would treat your women better " he looked over to the main capture staring him down . The clicking of his shoes echoed through the court yard .

I looked down at my feet wanting this to be over with ,I felt my body stiffen when I saw his shiny black shoes standing in front of me . "What's your name ?" I looked up seeing his blue crystal  eyes staring back at me ,I cleared my throat and spoke although  I sounded raspy "Ryder " he nodded and walked away whispering  something into the main captures ear. He walked out leaving us confused .

The two men came towards me and  grabbed me by my arms "come with us " I began to freak out as they tightened there grips "Where are you taking me !?let me go!" They dragged me towards the big white door and placed me in a room with leather couches and a marble coffee  table. They threw me on the couch , one of the men got close to my face making my heart beat quickly "sit down and shut up or else " I sat there frozen with fear .

A man in a black fancy suit and a long black coat came into the room he handed one of the men an envelope  and walked towards me "miss Ryder please follow me " I stood up following the man out into what seemed  like a garage . He opened the door of a black limo "please get in" I walked towards the door slowly unsure of what was happening . I slid in and he shut the doors ,they automatically  locked making me nervous   "Don't worry you're safe" I jumped at the sound of the familiar  accent  . The man in the fancy suit sat there staring at me "where are you taking me ?" He let out a breath "let's get you cleaned up then we'll  talk ,for now just please be patient with me" I sat there confused , I looked out the window seeing an unfamiliar  place "where are we ?" He looked at me confused  "London" my stomach dropped making me want to vomit . "L-london?...how did I get here ?" He looked at me with furrowed  brows "what do you mean ?" I covered  my face with my hands feeling like I was in the twilight  zone "when I was captured  was in New York " he shifted in his seat uncomfortably.