In Your Eyes || Hiroto X Touko

In her eyes, he saw happiness.

She was always blessed ever since her birth. She had loving parents, a high social status and was great at many things. She was kind, humble and lovable. She was Zaizen Touko.

In his eyes, she saw sadness.

An orphan who never felt his parents' love. At first, isolated at the orphanage until a man gave him the love he craved for. He swore he would walk to the ends of the Earth if it meant pleasing his 'father'. He was Kiyama Hiroto.

In her eyes, he saw loneliness.

She was often locked away in the name of 'protection'. People who did approach her only pointed out her good qualities and praised her for them. No one would tell her whether she had made a mistake. No one would discover the girl behind the status.

In his eyes, she saw companionship.

His 'father' helped him open up to the other children and they bonded. What once was not there became something that no one could ever break. They went through ups and downs together, always there for one another. Everyone supported the red-haired orphan.

"You look sad," she told him across the meadow.

"Well, you look lonely," he replied.

"How would you know?"

"Your eyes say so,"

"My eyes?"

"Your eyes are dim and pale, longing for someone to see the person you truly are. That's how I can tell,"

She stayed silent.

"What about you? How do you know that I'm sad?"

"Your eyes are dull, lacking the spirit of life. They yearn to burn for something. That's what your eyes are telling me,"

"I see,"

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I would like to ask the same thing," he replied.

"Is this a dream?"

"Seems so,"

"Have we met before?"

"That I do not know,"

"Will we ever meet?"

"Only time will tell,"

"Tell me your name,"

"My name is..."

His eyes shot open and he found his hand stretched upwards. He looked around and only his roommate, Midorikawa Ryuuji, was there.

"Ryuuji," Hiroto urged as he shook the green-haired male.

"What is it...?" he groaned.

"Do my eyes look sad?"

~Elsewhere~

The pinkette aroused, feeling moisture against her head. She sat up and realized the moisture came from her eyes.

"Do I seem lonely?" she muttered to herself as she wiped her eyes.

Everything was fuzzy. What colour was his hair? His skin? The sound of his voice? All she remembered were the teal eyes that told her to expel this boy's sadness.

She imagined those eyes and felt her heart ache. She wanted to help him. She wanted to bring happiness into his life. But how could she do that if she did not remember how he looked?

Just when could she see those eyes again?

-

The dreams were random. Some nights, they would see each other while on others, they did not. Nonetheless, they would talk. Talk about their day, any problem they were facing... They were like the other's diary.