Chapter 10

I awoke to...nothing. Absolutely nothing. I woke sat up. Percy was sound asleep in his bunk, not a care in the world. No spider, no brownies, no nothing. Wow. I got out of my bed and decided to put a real camp-half-blood shirt on that Chiron gave me, and some jeans. 

I pulled my hair back in a ponytail and washed my makeup off. I stepped outside. The whole camp seemed quiet. I glanced around. I could see some demigods emerging out of their cabins, surely confused that the camp was this quiet. I didn't see anyone else I knew except Clarrise La Rue, who didn't seem that pleased. I walked towards the beach. The smell of the salty air-the wind in my face-it felt good.

I saw a figure sitting there. I saw Percy walking towards the beach too. He had the same idea as me: Hide yourself underwater and just relax. 

The figure got more and more clear as I got closer. It was a bulky dude with black hair and a Hawaiian shirt on. He has some swimming trunks on, also. I knew who it was. Percy seemed to know too because he ran up to me and whispered in my ear,

"You know who that guy is? That's dad,"

I nodded at him and we crept up to Poseidon, god of the sea. I touched his shoulder, and he flinched a bit. He turned to face Percy and me.

"Ah! Well isn't it my two favorite people!" he said giving us a bear hug. He almost squeezed my brains out. I sat down on the sand.

"It's so quiet," I said staring off to the sea. I felt like grabbing a surf board and a swimsuit, but I didn't need those. But at the same time, I felt like I wanted to stay out of the water with my family. My half-brother and my dad. I looked at the god.

He smiled. It looked somewhat like Percy's smile. 

"Harper, Harper, Harper. You know, even I didn't know those books existed. And I am a god," He said. I smiled. I felt like I had something about me that was special, now. "Really?" I asked him. He nodded and looked at Percy. 

Percy's sea green eyes were staring off at the sea, it was like he was dazed. I looked at my hair and then Poseidons'. My hair wasn't anything like his. Mine was purple. His hair is was black. I saw Percy dived into the water with a splash. I looked at my dad. 

"I'd better get going. Have some stuff to do. Good luck, Harper," He said to me, and then faded off. I was sitting alone o the edge of the water. I heard footsteps behind me. I looked back. It was Leo. I looked back at the water. He came and sat next to me.

"Hey, crazy hair," He said calmly, playing with my ponytail. I didn't stop him. "Hi, Leo," I responded. I leaned into him, listening to the silence of the camp. I could only hear the ocean waves splashing on the shore. He looked out too and then fiddled with his tool belt. 

"Your mom isn't that bad, you know," He muttered, playing with the sand, dragging his finger through it, playing tic-tac-toe with himself. 

"She is just awkward. Typical embarrassing moms, am I right?" I grinned at him. His smile faded. I realized what I had said. "Oh, gods. Sorry. Didn't think about that," I mentioned. 

Leo smiled at me. I stood up and walked towards the water. 

"I understand if you want to go down there. You can, if you want to," He said. I thought for a moment. "I do. Wanna come too?" I said grinning. "What? I can't breathe, though," Leo said with a confused expression on his face.  "Trust me," I said holding out my hand. "I won't let you drown," I said. I picked up my backpack. Leo slowly took my hand. 

"You better not be lying, Harper," He warned. I smiled. I walked him deeper into the water. "On three, I want you to swim down. Can you keep your eyes open?" He nodded. "Okay. One, two, three!" I said. I swam down with him. I made an air bubble. "You can breathe now, Valdez," I said.

He took a breath of relief. I pulled out a Heros of Olympus book. "Story time!" I said waving the book in his face. 

"Come on, Harper. Can't we do something more romantic? Like kiss or something?" He complained. I looked at him. "Maybe later," I said. "I'm on the Leo McShizzle part! Wouldn't wanna miss it!" I said. He bolted up. "Read away!" He said. 

I smiled and started reading.