three.

-♡-

--

"so..." the older started of, smiling, but this time he didn't have much confidence as before.

"you looked quite hungry and frustrated, so i decided to bring you a slice of cake to cheer you up" he muttered whilst scratching his neck.

"t-thank you, but, i can't eat it" jungkook sighed whilst looking down at his hands. he felt bad for not accepting the cake, but he didn't want to risk becoming his old self.

"why not?" the older questioned in a concerned voice. "you don't have to pay for it, it's free" the boy approved with that beautiful smile of his appearing.

"no it's not that" the boy sitting down said, looking back up to the older. "insecurities, i-i suppose". his eyes widened in surprise as he realised what he just said. he didn't like sharing information like that incase people would think badly about him for caring so much. the waiter just chuckled in response, making jungkook feel confused.

"what have you got to feel insecure about, you're perfect" the older said without hesitation as he saw the customer's cheeks begin to change colour again. his cheeks rose up like flames awakening after being triggered.

jungkook was so fascinated with how charming the older was and was shocked anyone even complemented him like that. he only just met the guy and he feels like he could sit here for centuries, listening to his voice that seemed to give him goosebumps that also made him feel warm.

"hoseok-ah!" a loud voice called out from behind the counter. standing there was a small guy with cute and fluffy pastel pink hair that looked like cotton candy. his arms were folded along with an annoyed expression plastered on his face as he looked at the so called boy, hoseok. jungkook smiled while covering his mouth, thinking about how the boy behind the counter looked like a real life talking mochi.

the corners of hoseok's lips turned downwards as he quickly glanced at the mochi looking boy from across the room.

"quit flirting around and come help me make a whole new batch of cupcakes" he nagged whilst stomping his left foot on the ground like a child that won't behave until they get what they want.

hoseok rolled his eyes and soon enough looked back at jungkook with a small giggle.

"that's my boss or shall i say so called friend that thinks he's older than me because he's in charge of this place" he whispered to the customer, earning a big smile that resulted in showing his cute little bunny teeth.

the laughter was broken and a wave of silence flew over the two as the angry mochi huffed his way over and stood next to the older. the pink haired boy was about to open his mouth before hoseok's finger met the small forehead belonging to the cotton candy-like haired boy, giving him a flick.

"just because you own this place doesn't mean i'm not older. respect your hyungs, child" hoseok corrected as the smaller winced at the pain, bringing his small hand up to rest it on his forehead.

"well can you please help out with the baking?" he pleaded, turning his head to the side like a lost puppy.

a grin painted its way onto hoseok's lips as he ruffled his friend's soft hair, mixing up a couple of strands. "of course, you don't even need to ask" he replied, his mood changing to one from another, sarcastically.

hoseok turned back round, giving his full attention to jungkook as his friend made his way back over behind the counter, making sure not to disobey his hyung.

"i'm sorry about that" hoseok laughed nervously, eyes becoming softer after seeing the calm customer just sitting there silently, taking everything in.

the older slightly pushed the plate with the delicious slice of cake towards the younger, making sure it wouldn't touch his school work that he hadn't even started on.

"please eat up" hoseok encouraged before giving one last smile and walking off behind the counter and into another room to help with the baking.

jungkook couldn't deny how hungry he was. he grabbed hold of a silver fork that was placed inside a medium sized mason jar on the table filled with a few other knives and forks and slowly dug into the ravishing looking cake.

he watched, fascinated with how some of the frosting fell down lightly, like a feather. the spongy texture of the cake made it move slightly when he dug down into it, leaving a few fresh strawberries that were inside either gone or left half sliced.

the taste was divine. jungkook closed his eyes for a moment to take in the sweet savoury moment that he'd been missing out on for a long time.

he was about to indulge on another bite until he heard a noise from his phone, signalling he had a text.

Eomma; Where are you Jungkook?Your 30 minutes late

-♥︎-
happy birthday kookie! + this chapter is quite long compared to my two others lmao