Author's Note

Dear Reader,

Welcome to the Sagittan Chronicles. Those of you who have read the other books in the series—thank you! For those of you who are first dipping in your toes, I thought a few details might be helpful.

This is a prequel, meaning it happens about thirty years before the events of the first book of the series, The Wounded World. That said, the people of Sagitta are an old race and live much longer than humans. Quin, the main character, is 223 years old, while John is 198. Jo is a little bit younger—188. Sagittans can live to be 700 – 800 years old. In this book, Quin is currently serving in the military as a Door Specialist, while John is a mathematician at the Globe. Both are still at the beginning of their careers. You will meet them both in the other books.

The story is set primarily in Pomegranate City on the planet Sagitta, and revolves around a piece of technology called a Door. A Door is a device that allows you to leap large distances of space in a single step with little to no time passing. Doors were developed many millennia ago, but in recent centuries have been taken control of by the Globe, an organization with close ties to the Sagittan government. Doors create security concerns, so owning one without permission is now technically illegal, though many families have secretly held onto them as heirlooms.

I plan on building and growing this universe for a long time, so if you find the Sagittan Chronicles interesting, there are plenty more to come (including the first few books in the series that are already published!). I hope you enjoy the story. If not, that's cool too—not every story is for everyone. If you do like it, please consider writing a review on Amazon or Goodreads.

Sincerely,

Ariele Sieling, author