Prologue: Eggs and Toast

English is not my first language so please excuse the grammar mistakes.

This is my first time writing a fan fiction so please bear with me.  Thank you!

Disclaimer: Any similarities in this story is purely coincidental. 

________________________________________________________

Hayeong's POV:

Ring Ring Ring~~~

I reached across my bed to grab my phone. Groaning, I swiped across the screen to turn off my alarm. Ugh it's morning. I shouldn't have stayed up so late last night. Chucking my blankets off with my feet, I slowly turned my body towards the edge of my bed and unwillingly climbed out. I dropped my feet to the fluffy white carpet that was placed under my bed (just in case I fall while sleeping) and wiggled my toes. I lowered my head and stared at my feet. They were slightly swollen and had minor cuts and bruises from yesterday. I sighed. It's gonna be another long day.

Ding Ding~~

I quickly turned my head towards my phone. Swiftly, I grabbed it and unlocked my screen. Looking at the name of the sender, I scowled.

Momo: Hey beautiful

Hayeong: What do u want?

Momo: U know me so well.

I won't be able to come into work today

Hayeong: Why?

Momo: I have a date today!

Hayeong: What about Sehun? Isn't he still in Europe for work?

Momo: Oh I 4got to tell u he's coming back today!

It's been a while since we've seen each other and I really want to spend some time with him.

So please?

Hayeong: Ok fine.

Momo: OMG Thank U So Much!!

Love U~ ^^

I smiled to myself. Both of them are so cute. I switched my screen off and stood up to walk to my bathroom and get ready for school.

Momo, Sehun, and I are childhood friends. We grew up in the same neighborhood (Daegu) and went to the same schools from primary all the way to university (Seoul). All of us are in our 1st year but we have different majors. I'm in the Filming/Production major while Momo and Sehun are in the Business/Law major. Even though they are in completely different buildings, we still hang out with each other during school hours and always walk home together. Momo and Sehun have been dating since freshman year of high school so they are considered as a long term couple. Momo and I work at a small café that's relatively close to our university. Sehun works for a famous company and occasionally flies across the world for meetings. I usually work in the afternoon during the weekdays and in the morning during the weekends. Momo works at night during the weekdays and in the afternoon during the weekends.

I glanced at my phone. Tuesday 7:10. I guess I'll have to work all day.

I walked into my bathroom and took off my pajamas to take a quick shower. After the shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and walked back into my bedroom to pick my outfit. I picked up my phone and checked the weather status: 73 degrees. Not too hot and not too cold. After digging through my closet for 5 minutes, I picked this:

  After digging through my closet for 5 minutes, I picked this:

Simple yet stylish.  I didn't want to bother with makeup today so I ended up saving at least 20 minutes. Aww yeah! All I did was put some lotion on my face and spread some lip balm across my slightly dry lips. I walked across my room to stand in front of my full-body mirror and looked at my reflection. Eh. Good enough. Smiling to myself, I skipped downstairs to the kitchen.

Halfway down the stairs, I smelled the scent of scrambled eggs and toast. Yum! I quickened my steps and reached the kitchen in no time. My aunt's back was facing me as she was finishing up the scrambled eggs.

"Good morning Ajumma!"

She turned around and smiled, "Good morning dear."

She turned back to the stove where the eggs were and moved them from the pan to a clean plate. Turning around, she passed me the eggs and pointed to the toaster, "There is fresh toast if you want."

I smiled, "Thanks Ajumma."

My aunt set another plate of scrambled eggs next to me on the table.

"Is Yoongi still sleeping?"

I paused, taking my spoon filled with eggs out of my mouth and answered, "I think so."

My aunt sighed. "He has been coming home later these days. I wonder what's going on."

Shoving the eggs back into my mouth, I said, "Don't worry Ajumma. I'm pretty sure he's practicing with his friends for the next dance competition. You know Oppa, he works really hard when it comes to his passion." I stood up from my chair and walked to the toaster to grab a slice of toast. Then I sat back in my seat. "Ajumma the eggs are delicious!"

She smiled. "Thank you darling. You always make me feel better." She gently patted my head while giving me another warm smile.

After shoving the toast into my mouth, I pulled out my phone to check the time. 7:25. Okay. I'm still good on time. I grabbed my empty plate and walked to the sink to wash it. Once I finished, I went to the living room and grabbed my backpack.

"I'm going to leave for school now Ajumma!"

I heard my aunt yelling from the kitchen. "Have fun! Be safe!"

Smiling, I grabbed my keys and walked out the door.