1. Old Friends

My eyes slowly opened to see nothing in sight. Nothing, but the ceiling tiles I can kind of make out using the faint light.

I manage to pick myself up and sit on the edge of my bed. However, that still seems to trigger the dizziness that now runs though my body like a thousand flies. Though the world was spinning uncontrollably, I caught a glimpse of my room illuminated by the moon.

Holding my head with one hand, I picked up my phone with the other. 4:53 A.M. Training starts in 45 minutes, I always had a habit of waking up before my alarm. That just goes to show how good my trust is.

'BANG BANG BANG!,' The loud noise catching my full attention to the source, the door. I walked slowly, deep breaths hesitating the fact that Security doesn't roam the hall for another 30 minutes. I felt paralyzed once I reached the door. My hand grasped the door knob and slowly turned. 'BOOM!' The door swings open and I fall to the ground.

Without glancing at who it was, I reached under my bed to pull out my secret .380 ACP pocket pistol. Removing the safety mode, I noticed that I was raising to shoot at Eli, the stupidest person I know, yet I call my best friend.

He stood there like a statue. A statue of stupidity. He was dressed in all black, (black beanie, black hoodie, black jeans, beat-up black converse, etc.). Removing his beanie, showing his pitch black hair, which matched his clothing, he let out a big sigh.

"Phew!, you scared me, I really thought you were gonna shoot!" "I should've! Banging at my door like a dumbass! What are you doing here anyways? Weren't you banned from this floor?" I was a little harsh, but I kind of felt that he deserved it.

"C'mon," he said as he entered my room, went threw my drawers, and threw some pants at me, "when do I ever get caught?" All the time, I thought.

He had a devious smirk on his face...which is never good. "What are you up to?" I asked. He didn't respond, just walked towards the door.

To further clarify, whenever me and Eli are together, hell breaks loose. The last incident we were in keeps running threw my mind. It was just a few weeks ago, Eli came to my training session and helped me sneak out. We roamed the Elite Academy of 'the Fighters,' where we almost burnt down the entire building!

Escaping my flashback, Eli shouts from the hallway, "Luke! Let's get a move on!" I put on my clothes and made my way down the unlit hallway to meet Captain No-Brains.

"Let's go roam the academy some more," he said with a nasty smile.