Chapter Five: Alex

Summer's pov:

The daycare didn't open for another two hours so I went to the grocery store and bought some milk, fruits and vegetables.

I was going to pay for it when my cart hit someone.

"Oh God, are you okay. I'm so sorry" I said panicking.

" it's okay, I'm fine"he said trying to stand up so I helped him up.

"Are you okay" I asked again.

"I'm fine" he looked up at me. He looks familiar.  Green eyes, black hair.... Wait

"Alex? Alex is that you, it's me Summer Hams. We went to the same high school" I said grinning.

"Summer, oh god. It's been so long I haven't seen you for ten years now" he said pulling me in for a hug.

"We have a lot to catch up to. Hold on let me pay for this things I will meet you here then we can go to the restaurant down there to talk okay? Wait right here."
I said and rushed to pay for everything. After paying we decided to use his car to go to the restaurant then I would come back for my car later.

"So, how have you been" he asked me smiling " what about Ken you talked about marrying him did you get married" he asked.

You see me and Alex have been friends since high school after our college I haven't seen him so I told him everything starting from the beginning to the end. I also told him about Maya, he said he wanted to see her so I gave him my number and address,  so he could visit me anytime.

I checked the time" I'm sorry Alex, I have to pick up Maya from the daycare. Can you take me back to my car"I asked and he nodded. He drove me back to the parking lot of the grocery store, I hugged him and said goodbye before going to pick up my baby girl from school.