Hopeless Romantic

"I fall and fall and fall, but nobody is ever there to catch me."

🥀Reece🥀

"Reece, please, we can talk about this!"

"What is there to talk about? How good he was in bed? I'm fucking done!"

Reece paced around the room, gathering his few belongings left here throughout the months. Guilt overwhelmed your mind, body, and soul. What the fuck was I thinking?

Answer is: you weren't.

Who in their right mind would cheat on such an ethereal being?

"I wasn't thinking-" You began, but Reece cut you off angrily. "Oh, you weren't thinking? Let me guess, was it the heat of the moment? Were you drunk? Was he just too irresistible?!" With every accusation he got closer and closer, causing you to back up against the door. Tears streamed down your face silently. All you could manage to get out was a pathetic "I'm sorry."

Reece smiled bitterly and shook his head as he backed away. "Fuck you." he seethed. "Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you!" He grabbed the lamp from your bedside table and threw it against the closest wall, which happened to be a few feet to your left. It crashed and glass flew everywhere. You flinched at his violent behaviour. At this point in your relationship, you were used to Reece's violent mood swings. He just never got like this. He huffed and sat on the edge of the bed. You watched helplessly as he buried his face in his hands. Sobs wracked his frail body and there was nothing you could do. You couldn't comfort your love this time because this was all your fault.

"W-why? Why me? You knew about my past. You knew I've been cheated on over and over. And yet? You fucking betrayed me." Reece's voice was barely above a whisper and it cracked on every other syllable. You shook your head slowly, at a loss for words. "I-I..." but there was nothing you could say. There was no excuse for your actions. Reece wiped his eyes and laughed sadly. He grabbed his things and made his way to the door. You moved out of his way, knowing there was no stopping him. He looked into your eyes one last time; any signs of love had been washed away by your betrayal.

"I fall and fall and fall, but nobody is ever there to catch me."

He left.