Friends, Enemies, Brothers

*Alex's POV*

       I gulped and walked up the steps to my new highschool. I stood anxiously before the door, hesitating. A firm hand grasped my shoulder. "You alright, Alex?"

I spun around, but it was just George, my adopted father. I glanced down and mumbled, "Yeah, just nervous." I realized how lame I probably looked right now, talking to the principal instead of the other freshman rushing through the doors.

      George cleared his throat and whispered, "I know this is hard for you, Alex, but you'll make friends soon enough. Plus, Laf is in tenth, so he'll be here for you, too," George raised his voice to normal tone, "I need to go get ready to adress the students. I'll see you later, son."

       He patted my shoulder and strode into the school, leaving me with the stragglers. I glanced around. Some kids were watching me over in the parking lot. I  shouldered my backpack and walked through the doors into the auditorium.

      It was swarmed with teens all trying to find a good seat with friends. I glanced nervously around. Most of these kids were a lot taller than me, and I couldn't find Laf. I started sweating nervously, when a voice called, "Alex! Alex! Over here!"

I quickly snapped my head to the rows of seats where the voice came from, and a sigh of relief escaped me as a smile made its way onto my face. It was Herc, Laf's boyfriend, Lafayette, and John, with some girls I didn't know. I made my way down and sat next to John, my best friend. "Ah, Petit Lion, you made it!"

I blushed violently as Laf used my nickname. "Yeah," I said, "Who are the girls?" I had noticed the girls behind us talking to them.

John started to respond, but was cut off by the curly haired cinnamon colored girl behind us. "Those girls," she sassily replied, "Are sitting right behind you and can hear you. So who are you?" I stuttered, flustered. "I, um, my- my name is, um, Alexander. H- hi." I turned around in my seat.

The dark haired girl next to the sassafras smiled gently and giggled, saying, "Hi Alex, Laf has told us a lot about you. My name is Elizabeth, but call me Eliza." She turned her head to the sassy girl and back at me, repressing a giggle and managing, "That's Angelica," she turned her head to the other girl and back at me, "And that's Peggy, my sisters." The big lipped girl blew gum and waved cheerily at me, Angelica glaring slightly, and Eliza smiling once more before reimbursing her sisters in conversation.

I felt nervous as I looked out at the sea of kids. I can't, I can't, I can't..... "...Alex, Alex, ALEX!" I stopped hyperventilating enough to see Laf reaching across Herc to shake me up. "It will be alright, okay? You will be fine. Besides," Laf grinned, his eyes flashing up the row mischievously, "Your eye candy has just arrived."

I looked up the row. There was a little group of people. Squinting, I asked, "Who? Charles Lee? Ew, Laf, tha-" Laf chuckled and shook his head, turning my head to look at the most oblivious, annoying, handsome person in the world.

"OhmyGod I didn't- please tell me- what grade is he in?!?" I whisper-screamed as I turned back to Lafayette, blushing crimson. Laf wiggled his eyebrows. "He's a freshman, too. Maybe you can check him out in class instead of at the bookstore, huh?" "Shut up! God, why?" I tilted my head up at the ceiling. "Um... Hey. Mind if we sit here?"

.....Annnnnd, that's all for right now! I may not update frequently, but if you're reading, thank you, I love you. Cya ltr fam!