making the most of it

Jaylos One Shot

   "Jay," Carlos called for his best friend as he stepped inside his house without even knocking. That was pretty normal for the best friends to come into their houses without invitation. That's just how things were on the Isle.

Jay came down the stairs. "Hey Carlos. Why're you here?"

"Well, you know Maddie," Carlod asked.

"Daughter of the Mad Hatter? Yeah." No one knew why the Mad Hatter was out on The Isle. They weren't exactly the villains in Alice's story ; but rumor has it that the king gave them a choice where they wanted to be put, and they chose The Isle, which was a very bad decision on their part, but then again they are insane.

"Yeah, she's hosting a party, and everyone's saying it's gonna be wicked, so I wanted to know if you wanted to come with me," Carlos asked.

"I thought you didn't like parties," Jay said, referencing there conversation earlier that day.

   "Why didn't you come to the party? You promised," Jay whined to Carlos. They had planned to go to the evil stgosisters daughters party. It was the time around Halloween which gave the entire Isle to host a party every day.

"My mom wouldn't let me go," Carlos said.

"That is a lie. She went out of the neighbourhood for her fashion line."

"Okay fine you got me. I just didn't feel like going."

"Buzzkill," Jay said. Carlos knew Jay didn't really mean it, but he couldn't help but feel insecure about it.

This decided Carlos's evening. He would go to a party with Jay simply to prove him wrong.

   "I decided to let go," Carlos said.

Jay smirked, "Okay fine I'll go," Jay agreed.

Carlos then realized what he had done, and wanted to take it back. He wasn't ready to go to a party! He probably never would be.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go get ready. When does it start," Jay asked, still smirking. He was going to get the most he could get from this experience.

"In an hour," Carlos informed, and so Jay and Carlos went up Jay's stairs and into his room to get ready for the party.

"We gotta work on you first," Jay said. Carlos looked down at his usual attire.

"What's wrong with me," Carlos asked genuinely confused. Carlos thought he looked just fine.

"Honey, please," Jay said, and then rummaged through his closet, picking out clothes he thought Carlos would look good in.

Meanwhile, Carlos sat on his bed sighing. What had he gotten himself into?

Finally, Jay came out of his closet and gave Carlos a pile of his clothes. "Why couldn't you go through my closet?" Jay simply scoffed and rolled his eyes then pushed Carlos into his closet to change. Jay then took Carlos's spot on his bed. The true reason he didn't want to go though Carlos's closet was because he was extremely eager to see Carlos in his clothes. As he mentioned earlier, he was going to get the most out of this.