Chapter 1

*KA-BOOM*

The thunder outside was monstrous. My spine was arched over frozen as my arms were tightly hugging my knee caps in the corner of my dark closet. I held my eyes shut as I rocked back and forth humming to myself.

*KA-BOOM-POW-SMACK*

Tighter I gripped to my knees. "It's only a storm." I whispered softly to myself.

I kept my eyes shut. Then all of a sudden my surroundings were as dead as the people in the graveyard outside my window. I heard a slamming door coming from downstairs. I jumped as the sound of it buzzed my ears sharply making my heart nearly jump out of my pale white chest. I creaked open my closet door slowly peaking only one eye out of the small crack. My breath grew stronger as my heart beat increased. I was nearly about to open my closet door completely and crawl out when all of a sudden the door to my bedroom swung open! I looked towards it with my one eye that was creeping through the crack of my closet door wide and yet I saw no one in my sight. I was too afraid to leave the safety of my closet so I gently closed the door shut and sat back in the corner I was recently in and covered up with my thick fur coat. I sat there for about 15 minutes with my eyes closed tight as I clenched to my coat. The next thing I know I'm waking up and the sun is leaking threw the bottom crack of my closet door.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I opened up my closet and crawled out. I stand up onto my feet stretching my arms up high and cracking my back. I look over towards my bedroom door and its shut.

I talk to myself "Last thing I remember is that door being flung open! What's going on?"

I open up my door and walk out. I head down the hallway and begin heading down the stairs. I get to the 5th step and I hear it squeak beneath my foot. My face gains a confusing expression.

"That's odd. These steps have never squeaked before in the 17 years of me living here!" I said to myself as I slowly begin leaving that step. I just rushed it out of my mind and ran to the kitchen as I made my way down the rest of the steps. I enter the kitchen seeing my Mother rushing around from one counter, to the stove, to the other counter, to the fridge and so on and so on making breakfast.

"What are you cooking up?" I said curiously to her.

She answered. "Oh just a little something to start our day off delicious and wonderful!"

"What exactly is that little something?"

She responded anxiously. "Oh just some bacon, eggs, linked sausages, pancakes, waffles, toast, and hash browns!"

"That's a little something?!" I said grinning from ear to ear.

"Oh honey! A growing girl like you needs her energy to get through the day."

"That's supposed to give me energy you say?! Don't you mean it's supposed to give me a heart attack?!" I was laughing as hard as my lungs would let me.

She stood there with one hand on her hip looking at me and smirking as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh think your funny don't you?" She chuckled lightly while looking down at the bowl in front of her and took the whisk next to it and began stirring the pancake batter that was inside of it.

"Oh yes I think I am hilarious! Mwahaha! Oh, by the way Mom did you hear any weird or creepy sounds last night?"

"Oh sweetie don't even start it! You always get like this every time a storm hits us!" She flopped down a plate full of food in front of me at the kitchen table.

"But, but Mom I heard a door slam down here and then my bedroom door flung right open!" I yelled out eagerly.

"Now listen here Lilith Rose Lane! The sounds you heard was probably from the thunder that was on fire outside last night! And the wind must have flung your bedroom door open. I know your window has been stuck open. I will have someone come and fix it here today. Now hurry up and finish your breakfast so you don't miss the bus!"

"Alright!" I hollered fiercely as I stuffed my face with food.