Chapter 2

I opened my locker inside of Sunbay High throwing my backpack inside. I grabbed my black pencil case from the top shelf and my zebra print folder and notebook. I slammed my locker shut and began making my way down the noisy 11th grade hallway as I squeezed through crowds and dunked as two football players were tossing a ball over other student's heads. I finally made it to my first period world history class and I rushed right in the door and nearly made it before the bell began ringing.

Mrs. Hollow shouted out. "Quite down now everyone! Take a seat and let's began!"

 The entire classroom became silent and all students were stoned in their seats. Mrs. Hollow started rambling on about some project assignment she is planning for us next week. My ears didn't really catch onto anything she was saying though, I had two Barbie brains named Tiffany and Raven whispering to each other behind me about which color of nail polish would match their eyes better. Between them two I've never known any other girls who were as obnoxious and conceited as they were.

Raven whispered to Tiffany. "I think that the aqua would totally match your eyes the best Tiff!"

"O.M.G! You're totes right Rave!" Tiffany responded enthusiastically.

"I know right?! What color do you think would match my eyes the total best?!"

"The turquoise no doubt girl!"

"I never even thought of that Tiff! You have such a good eye!"

"I know right!?"

I just couldn't take this annoyance any longer! I was surely about to burst! I turned around flashing off an intense expression towards them. They quickly turned their blonde bubble heads and were looking at me straight in the face.

"Can we help you!?" They both said at the same time as their faces showed disgust.

"Jinks!" They both said again high-fiving each other lightly.

I rolled my eyes and responded back with attitude. "You surely can! Do you mind shutting your loud mouths? The sound of your voices is killing my ear drums!"

Tiffany opened her mouth and was about to speak when the music started playing and the announcements came on through the speaker above the classroom door. I smiled at her nicely and turned my head back facing the front of the room. When the announcements finished everyone stood up facing the flag and said the pledge of allegiance. Once finished everyone sat down and began working on our assignment that was listed on the black board behind Mrs. Hollow's desk. A half hour passed by which seemed and felt like two hours. Then finally the bell rang. All the students rushed out of the classroom door faster than a mouse running from a feline. I was last left in the room. Mrs. Hollow was sitting at her desk and I walking up the isle and began passing her on my way to the door.

"They are coming." She murmured under her breath in a creepy voice.

I froze instantly and my notebook, folder, and pencil case dropped from my hands and crashed onto the ground.

I answered back to Mrs. Hollow quietly and a bit freighted. "Excuse me?"

"They are coming and they are coming soon."

The voice coming from her mouth sounded nothing like her. I didn't know what to think.

"Who, who is ca-coming?" I asked slurring my words.

Then quickly she lifted her head up staring at me right in the face. I jumped in shock and took three steps backwards bumping into the desk behind me. My eyes grew wide. I couldn't even blink. Our eyes were connected. Those eyes are not her eyes. They're like black holes in the sockets instead.

"Wha-What is going on?!" I hollered out.

Nearly five seconds later her eyes turn back to normal and she blinks.

She begins speaking using her regular voice. "Why are you still here Ms. Lane? Shouldn't you be heading to second period?"

I answered back confused. "Of-of course Mrs. Hollow I wa-was just leaving."

I bent over picking up my stuff and then rushed right out of the door. When I got to my locker I opened it up and stuck my face inside breathing heavily. I stood there for a moment trying to figure out what was going on inside of my mind. I took a deep breath, rushed it out of my head, and switched folders. I slammed my locker back shut and took off fast before I was late to my next class.