Mohannad Barakat Holds A Rich Career Profile

Mohannad Barakat is a qualified and proficient surgeon in the area of trauma, orthopedics and spinal surgery. In his career span of nearly ten years, he has performed many successful Trauma and Elective surgeries, ranging from very simple to complex ones.  He operates in injuries and conditions of the tendons, ligaments, bones, joints, and muscles. On the qualification front, he has is the member of The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB).

During his graduation time, he was skilled in the areas of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology and orthopedics and also been awarded with several honors and distinctions. He has earned a specialization in ENT, General Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Emergency Medicine. Since he started his career, he has done numerous surgeries that include emergency trauma surgery, external fixation and frame ring fixation for fractures, hip fractures, long bone fractures, humeral fractures, all hand and knee fractures and pediatric spine/fractures injuries. He has also performed many elective procedures having significant experience in various operations particularly spinal surgery.

In addition to the hundreds of cases performed, Mohannad Barakat GMC has delivered his knowledge in the form of useful presentations at local, national as well as international levels of seminars, conferences and meetings. He is also involved with the teaching and examination students, junior and senior doctors at various stages of their education, allied professionals, and theatre staff at local, national and international levels.

Despite having hectic hours of doing surgeries and handling too many tasks, Mohannad Barakat always takes out time to play basketball, football, volleyball, tennis and cricket and also been a national coach and referee and usually goes on one tour yearly with the team. He has a great passion for travelling and travels frequently. He also speaks English and French fluently.