Chapter 5 - The Night

Life goes on.

Even if it is a mindless wasteland that you are travelling to. It stills goes on.

"Ja Giya?" My teacher called for attendance.

I shyly raised my hand. I could hear some giggles and laughter. I really don't care. I have lost my faith in humanity that even the thoughts inside my head is a deep pit of chaos.

The bell rang. I took my bag and went home. I cooked our dinner. Answered my homework. Read some lectures. Sleep.

Rinse and repeat. This went on for days.

Then days become months.

Then months became year.

I finished the first year of middle school. I still haven't forgotten about Kyung Hee and Jungkook.

Kyung Hee would probably kill me when she saw me. Jungkook would probably find a way to kill me again.

I chuckled at the thought. I saw someone inside a coffee house that looks exactly like Kyung Hee. I must've missed them so bad, I am now having hallucinations. Good thing it was the last day of school.

"Ouch!" Someone pulled my hair back.

It's was Kyung Hee. I slapped myself. Closed my eyes and open it again. It was still Kyung Hee.

My smile reached my ear and tried to hug me but she pushed me away.

"I hate you." She said. She was crying now.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to --"

"You said goodbye to Jungkook but not me! How could you do that? You were my first friend! You left us! You left me without even saying goodbye!"

I started to cry, too.

"You're mean." She said and then she suddenly hugged me. "But I missed you so bad. I tried looking for you. I thought you would at least visit us and explain but you didn't so I looked for you!"

"You found me!" I smiled bitterly. She punched me in the arm like what she normally do to me and Jungkook.

"I've been waiting for you the whole day! I've started to think you already passed by and I missed you."

She started to tell me that it actually took her six months to wait for me. Hoping that I needed some space but was definitely going back. When I didn't she asked her dad to look for me but he only helped a few months ago.

I told her why I left. Why I didn't say goodbye. How miserable I am. Despite all the sadness that I felt, I still don't want my mom to regret his decision.

"It was creepy you know. Having you investigated!" She said sipping her coffee.

I stared outside. It's kind of weird that Kyung Hee and I are together without Jungkook.

"He left Busan, too"

"What, who?"

"Jungkook. He left Busan. His brother said that he will study in America or something"

Jungkook. The Jungkook got scholarship to America.

"He's kinda weird since you left. We tried hanging out but I think I reminded him of you too much, he started hanging out with that Hyerin girl again."

I smiled weakly. I don't really have the right to comment on that.

Kyung hee told me that she'll just finished middle school and go to Seoul again to study. She hopes I go to SOPA because she plans to be a ballerina. I jokingly said that he's papa wouldn't allow. She dropped me off my house.

Kyung hee is like a match that lit up my dark and lonely life. Her presence, talking to her again, made me feel like I have something to look forward to.

"You seemed happy?" My mom asked. She already cooked dinner.

"Sorry, I was late. I saw Kyung Hee on my way here and we catched up. I lost track of time."

"Really? How was she? How about Jungkook? Did you manage to see him?"

"She's fine I guess. Jungkook was studying in America"

"Good for him! Too bad you didn't manage to reunite again with him"

"Yeah, too bad." I said. But in reality. I dread to meet with him again.