Chapter 2

He was sitting there staring blankly at the menu and the look of hurt that Miley wore flashed to his head he felt a huge tinge in his heart but he knew he had to let her go he shook his head to snap out of it he sees the host emerging to come to his way and behind him was his friend a blonde girl who was in a high ponytail wearing a plain white V-Neck with a black cardigan over it in dark blue jeans and some boots she wore an infectious smile to go with it he gave her a wide smile back he stood up and gave her a hug. The host said "I'll give you a minute to decide on your orders." He smiled and left them. Liam went to Jen's chair and pulled it for her she sat and said "thank you" he now sat on his chair and then Jennifer spoke again "Hey douche!" Liam smile wore off and he replied "exactly how I feel." "Woah man! I didn't mean it like that. I'm so..." He cut her off "no. I just did something sorta shitty." "Mind sharing it with the class?" "Well...... I finally did it." "Did what? I'm not a fortune teller son." "I... I...." "Youu? You???" "Finally broke things of with Miley..." Jennifer was in shock she was dead silent for a moment. "Wow. Ummmm.... I'm sorry to hear that." The waiter arrived after that "Mam,sir are you ready to order?" Jennifer was about to say no but Liam knew she was hungry so before Jennifer could talk he spoke "yes. I'll have the spaghetti and meatballs. And for the lady?" He gestured to Jen she said "I'll have the baked Lasagna. And please get us a bottle of your finest wine." The waiter smiled "ok mam, I'll be back with both of your orders." When the waiter left Jen spoke "Liam,I'm sorry." "I am too." There was a minute of awkward silence which is not what these two are used two they are always joking around and having fun together this was a far sight from what they're usually doing. Jen knew that Miley and Liam's relationship was going nowhere and he could see how unhappy how Liam is with her, but it pains her to see her friend like this.

She decided to speak again "What happened?" Liam went thru every intricate detail of how the break up transpired she could see how much pain is in his eyes and how emotional his voice was getting she was in complete awe to see Liam like this she really didn't know how could she reply after this she doesn't know what words to speak and she wish she could just take all the pain away from him. not knowing what to do she just reached for his hand and gave it a tight squeeze she met his blue eyes and gave him a reassuring smile he just simply smiled back. And without any word from Jennifer,Liam felt like a dead weight has been lifted of his shoulders and he suddenly felt the pain to lessen they just smiled at each other. The waiter then arrive with there food placing them in front of them he began to pour the wine in both their glasses as he was done. Jen said "Leave it." The waiter placed the bottle on the table and gave them a smile "enjoy your meals" and he left them again. They began to dig in and laugh at the times and pranks they had while filming 'Catching Fire' and Jen began pulling impressions of members of the cast Liam let out a huge laugh and said "do Josh next." Jen then began to copy Josh's voice and said "I am Josh I used to have frosted tips because Justin Timberlake had them." They both let out hysterical laughs that Liam said "Jen stop it. I can't breath anymore." They began to mellow. Jen can see something from Liam she then said "you know what I miss this." He asked "What?" "You. Laughing." He gave her smile "I do to."

There lunch was finished and Jen suddenly got a text.

She looked at her phone. She smiled as she was replying Liam asked "Who is it?" She replied while typing in her phone "It's Nicholas." Jen replied. his smile faded away "oh. Why?" "His asking if i wanted to go walking with him." "You should go." "No I already texted him I'm with you. You need a friend right now." "No Jen." He looked as his watch it was already 2:30 pm. "I already took out 3 hours of your day. "It's ok he already replied. He said it's cool. Come on I want to." "But..." "No buts mister. You are spending the day with me weather you like it or not. Liam held his hands up with defeat. Jennifer called the waiter and got the bill. Liam was about to reach for his wallet,Jennifer stopped him "No,my treat." "Jen, please." "No! I pay. Come on we rarely hangout it's the least I can do." "But Jen..." "No more buts. Jen took out some cash and threw it on the table." She jumped out of the seat and pulled Liam's arm. "Let's go!" "Where are we going?" "You'll see." She grabbed Liam wrist and ran towards his car. She said "I may need to borrow your keys." Liam obliged without a word and gave Jen his keys he went to the passenger seat while Jen hopped on the driver seat. Jen started to drive,Liam just stared in awe at Jennifer and admire how she always knew how to make him feel better even she would just spend the day with him. "What?" Jen said as she cached Liam staring and smiling at her "I'm just really thankful that I have a friend like you."