Chapter 11: Midnight Test of Courage

Safe read!

Rei's POV

I know that something is wrong in this timeline, considering the situation in our timeline which is the future. However, I guessed thinking about it won't help me.

The fastest way is to investigate it myself, thus brought me into this timeline. Though I hate seeing him again.

There's no deny that I don't respect him more than a boss. I hate him, and for as long as I can remember, I don't know why I hate him.

Maybe because of the incident during my childhood. But who cares that now; Yes, nobody care about it.

My head was messed up, while I headed to the Carcassa Famiglia. I decided to forget about it for now, since I need to find a way to get to the ex-Cloud Arcobaleno.

I sensed another strange flame beside his Cloud ones. Odd thing, why would he have those?

Is this the effect of the curse being broken? Well, Reborn-san didn't have those to begin with too when I'm closed to him.

There's something weird here.

I entered the field of smokes with my pair of guns in held. Being trained to use both hands when shooting gave me an advantage.

As I saw the Carcassa famiglia brought out something which looked like a big fan, I began shooting at the members.

My action alerted them for my presence, as they began to prepare their rifles and such. I decided to hide myself in the smokes again as they began their shooting.

I could hear Skull-san shouting. " Damn it! It's that man again! Prepare the fans, guys! You all over there, standby with your rifles! Once he appeared, shoot him! "

Something is not right with the stuntman. Is he mad? Or...possibly...possesed? He didn't sound like himself.

" There he is! " The Carcassa famiglia pointed their rifles toward me and began to shoot. I realised that the smokes were going to fade as they switch on the fan.

I have to find a place to hide. Quickly, I escaped to the forest behind of me which angered the Cloud arcobaleno. " Don't let him run away! Go after him! "

I hid behind a tree as the Carcassa Famiglia chased me. I took time to regain my breathe when suddenly my chest ached.

Damn it! Why at this time?!

I shot some of them and shielded myself using the tree from their bullets. My breathe was getting husky and dificult to control. The pain was crazy like I was going to die of dizziness.

' Seems like I forgot it.. ' I thought when I checked my pockets. Sky flame are not usable at this point. I need the 'thing' right now!

As I heard the Carcassa Famiglia was getting near, my chest started to ache once again. When I thought that I was going to faint from it, I heard a familiar voice coming to me.

" Rei-kun?! "

Argh. Not that voice. I can't show him this or he would-

I can't stabilitized myself and fell down from the branch before a pair of arms caught me. My mind was blank as I heard a silky voice trying to wake me.

" Hang in there, Rei! Rei! "

Suddenly, I could feel something being forced into my mouth when I realised it was the thing that I needed. I quickly grabbed it from the hand of someone who was holding it.