Childhood Memories

Aurora's POV

'Was Chloe acting weird yesterday?' I ask myself as I walk to school. 'No, it was just my imagination.'

I walk into school and the moment I do Chloe looks over at me. 'What is she doing here, it's only 6:20, school doesn't start until 7:00.' She looks at me for a little longer then closes her locker and walks into the bathroom. I follow her in and when I walk in I see her putting makeup on. I walk over to the sink next to her and splash some water on my face.

Chloe's POV

Why did she follow me in here? I must have looked at her for too long. I'm going to leave now, while she isn't looking. I walk past her quickly but she still stops me. She turns the water off and looks at me intensely.

"Why is there a bruise on your face?" She asks.

"There isn't." I lie.

"Fine."

She lets go and walks out.

Aurora's POV

Why would she lie to me like that? I remember when we used to tell each other everything. But that was a long time ago.

Flashback

"Aurora, don't do that, you might get hurt." Chloe's voice breaks through.

"I'll be fine, don't worry." I say as I hop from one rock to the next above a creek.

"Come on, Chloe!" I shout halfway out.

"No, come back, you're going to get hurt."

I smile and balance on one foot; her expression changes from worried to terrified in an instant. I laugh pointing at her, then of course, I slip. I hear her scream before I go under. I surface and look around.

I'm drifting down the stream, fast. I quickly grab onto a rock and start pulling myself towards the shore. When I get there I see that Chloe is crying. I walk over to her, soaked to the bone and give her the biggest smile ever. She stands up and hugs me.

"Don't ever do that again, I thought you died." She says, wiggling her finger at me.

"Okay, okay."

A/N: Please comment or vote, any feedback is welcome. Thank you!!