Chapter 1

Brelynn’s Pov

            As I sit here and stare at me fiancé’s coffin, I feel like I have cried every last drop of tears that I have but of course it doesn’t help that every minute someone walks up to me and says, “I’m sorry for your loss” or “Chris was a good man.” I look around and see so many people that he impacted in his lifetime, Chris Johnson was truly a good man. I am astonished at how many people are here, and how many soldiers have paid their respect. Chris will truly be missed.

Tyler's Pov

As my car drives down that familiar road I can’t help but realize how home sick I really am. I can’t wait to see the look on my mother’s face when I get home. I think that I made a good choice of surprising her. As I pull up to the driveway and step out of the car the front door opened and my mother stepped out. “Tyler is that you?” I just smiled and nodded, “Oh my Tyler it is really you!” She ran down the porch and flung her small body on to mine, oh how I missed my mother’s warm embrace. As I hug her I feel her sobbing into my shoulder, crying, “My baby, oh my baby is home.” “Thank you God.” She said.

‘Tyler why are you home” she asked, “You weren’t supposed to be here for another couple of months.” “General said that I get to come home, and guess what I get to stay home for a while!” Then she started to hug and cry again, “Ma its okay” I said