eleven

"Erin! Are you seriously sleeping?" He shook me off his shoulder. I groan, my head sliding off his shoulder onto his lap.

He sighs, and I could sense his eyes were rolling. "Erin get the hell up, we gotta go shopping."

"Tomorrow," I pause, "shopping tomorrow."

"No. Shopping now," he chuckles, "come on." He pushes me off him making me bump my head on the the floor of his trunk.

"Ow!" I rub the area. Now I'm wide awake thanks to this dummy.

"Sorry," he laughs, getting up and jumping out of the trunk of his truck. I hear him walk around and get into the drivers seat. I groan, rolling off the trunk taking a blanket with me. I walk over to the passenger seat before sitting cross cross onto it.

"So I'm thinking some fireworks," he says, "maybe some Fourth of July props for the kids."

"Kids?" I ask.

"I have little cousins who're coming," I nod as he started the car.

"Are they cute?"

"No." He jokes, speeding out of the drive-in.

----

"What about these?" I put on some Fourth of July glasses.

"Sexy," he grabs a pair, putting them on himself.

He throws a couple in the cart. "Lets head over to the firework aisle."

"So," I stand on the end of the cart while he pushed at the front, "to bring the topic back up.. about Maddy.."

"Oh not this," he playfully rolls his eyes, turning into the firework aisle.

"She certainly is nice," I say sarcastically.

"She is. She was just hard on you cause I don't think she's over me." He grabs a firework pack off the shelve, "and quite frankly, I'm not over her either."

I hop off the cart, "you should invite her over to the Fourth of July party."

He scoffs, "she's never come."

"You don't know that."

"Must I remind you that she broke up with me?" He squints at me. I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

"Maybe she did. But you could get her back," what was I doing? "I mean, she was pretty mad when we kissed." I was being a good friend, that's what I was doing.

"Which means she probably still has feelings for you." I add.

"I mean obviously she does. She loved me. Maybe she broke up with me for another reason, I don't know," he shrugs, grabbing some sparklers.

"Maybe she found a fuck buddy," I grab some mini American flags, throwing it into the cart. "Or maybe she's going to college."

"College," he mumbles, "possibly."

"But a fuck buddy? I don't think so," he chuckles, "she's not that kind of person."

"Oh yeah," I sarcastically say.

"But sometimes girls get bored of just one guy. They need something new every once in a while. You know, unless your sex is good." I add.

"Oh please," he says, "my sex is amazing."

"I guess I'll never know," I mumble, shrugging my shoulders, crossing my arms over my chest.

God damn, I wish I knew.

I know right. You always know what to say, subconscious. How could I ever disagree with you?

You can't. I am you...