Prologue

I quietly shut the room door, tip toeing to the bathroom hoping and praying that he wouldn't wake up. 'God, if you are real, please don't let him wake up,' I thought to myself as I reached my destination.
     Once I was inside the bathroom, I turned on the sink and felt my bra for my phone. I sighed in relief once I realized that I still had it safely with me, thanking everyone I know that he didn't notice it's hiding spot. Sliding down to the floor, I called my mom.
    "Waverly Ava Grayson! Oh my goodness, thank God! Where are you? You better have a good reason as to why-"
    "Mom please!" I interrupted, tears starting to form in my eyes. I hiccuped and whipped the tear that had fallen, trying to be quiet as possible.
     "Wave? Why are you crying? What the heck is going on?" I could picture her pulling off her glasses and the thought brought a smile to my face, even at a time like this.
     "That doesn't matter right now. I need you to come and get me please. I promise I will explain everything as soon as I get into the car. Please mom I just need you to come and get me now."
    "Where are you? I swear on all that I have, if you are at some club you will never see the sunlight ever again. And I mean it!" She threatens and I could hear the doors opening as she tried to get ready as quickly as possible.
    Glancing around at the bathroom, I bit my nail trying to stay calm. It always was a nasty habit of mine. Dad had always tried to get me to stop, but it never stuck.
    "Just come and meet me at the gas station right on 45th street."
    "45th street!? Waverly, are you out of your mind? What is going on!? Why are you all the way by 45th street!?"
     Sighing, I rubbed my temple and tried not to panic along side with her. 'Trust me mom, I didn't plan on being over here either' I thought to myself. Just as I opened my mouth to respond, I heard his door open and the footsteps he made coming in the direction of the bathroom.
    I swallowed, standing up quickly and flushing the toilet. "I have to go! I love you so much Mom, I'll see you at the gas station ok?" I hung up and stuffed my phone back into the safety of my bra. I stuck my hand under the water of the sink and splashed water on my face, hopping that it would take me out of this fear I was feeling. I shut it off just as the banging on the door started.
     "Waverly, what are you doing?" He demanded, voice laced with sleep and annoyance. "Open the door Waverly."
   I looked in the mirror and shivered, trying to blink back the tears. I had to stay strong. I wasn't raised to be a wimp and I most definitely was not raised to live in fear. I pushed my hair behind my ear and took a deep breath before turning around to open the door.
~~~~~~~

Hi! So this is my first story that I am writing here on wattpad and I am excited! I hope you enjoyed the prologue and stick through with this story! Thank you for giving me a chance!