Curse

'THAT STUPID SPELL!' Gajeel held my head, placing it on his lap. 'Stay with me. Please.'

I felt tears fall onto my face, I opened my eyes to see Gajeel sobbing.

'Don't be a baby.' My voice was hoarse and quiet. 'Night.'

'(Y/n)!' He knew exactly what I meant by night, night forever. 'Don't say that!'

'(Y/n)?' Sting fell to the ground, he was crying too. 'Don't die on me. Please. I'm an idiot, aren't I? I'm so ignorant.'

'Stop your whining and help.' Gajeel spoke through gritted teeth. 'You told me you love (y/n). I don't appreciate being lied to.'

I heard a crowd of footsteps running up. I knew instantly who they were from. Natsu had gotten the rest of the Fairy Tail members to help find me, but the scene laid before him was worse than ever.

'WENDY HELP!' Gajeel screamed at the poor little girl. 'Please.'

'Gajeel.' Levy crouched beside him. 'This is out of Wendy's hands. I'm so sorry.'

'HELP (HER/HIM) PLEASE!' Sting could no longer hold it in. 'I HURT (Y/N)! Don't let it end like this. Please.'

I heard more footsteps gathering around me, then intense heat. I yelped out as ice cold sensations ran through me too. Wendy also tried to help, attempting to use what magic she had to help.

'I'm fine.' I managed to choke out my words.

'You're such an idiot.' Gajeel was still crying. 'Just tell us when something's wrong. Why did you let Sting hit you when you were this damaged?'

'End.' I opened my eyes for a final time.

'End?' Gajeel stared back, his eyes were wide and frightened. 'You wanted to die?'

I nodded best I could, letting tears fall down my face. I closed my eyes, all sound leaving. I was dead. Nothingness surrounds you for a moment, you know it's your end, but some would plead for more, attempt to hold on. I just relaxed, letting death take me. It only lasted a few seconds. First my hearing came back and the calm silence was filled by muffled screams. After my hearing I regained my sense of touch. I could still feel the attempts at saving me, the fire, ice, healing magic and now water all over my body. Gajeel was the one yelling out, I had forgotten the one thing that could save me.

'Dispel.' Gajeel's screams faded.

My wounds had nearly gone, Gajeel's Magic was at an all time low.

'(Y/n) you're my friend.' He chuckled through strained breaths. 'I'm not letting you die.'

'(Y/N)!' Sting grabbed a hold of me, holding me close. 'I'm so sorry. I really am. I hate myself for ever hurting you.'

'That's what happens in a battle.' I slowly hugged back, my body aching. 'I love you.'

'I love you too.' Sting sobbed loudly. 'I was so scared! I couldn't lose you!'

'Gajeel.' I pushed off Sting softly, putting my hands on Gajeel lightly. 'Energy balance.'

Some of the magic energy Gajeel had given me was transferred back. We now had equal amounts of energy but that was still barely enough.

'Thank you.' He looked at me teary eyed. 'I know you've been through hell and back, but you're so strong. Did Brade break you?'

'Look.' I looked back, knowing that my body was nearly falling apart. 'My eyes, my body, myself.'

'You noticed too.' Sting put his hand on my back. 'What made you like that?'

'Uh.' I didn't have the words. 'I- umm. It's.'

'You can't say it again.' Rogue rolled his eyes. 'We need to know.'

'Don't be harsh like that.' Gajeel was irritated by this. 'You have no clue what's going on. Sometimes things are better hidden than said, for your sake and for others.'

'What do you know Gajeel?' Rogue asked quizzically. 'How do you know (y/n)?'

'Well,' Gajeel looked to me, I nodded to him. 'We were in Phantom Lord together. Juvia knows (y/n) too. It's been 9 years since we met.'

'Why didn't you tell us?' Sting looked at me, disappointment in his eyes. 'We wouldn't of cared.'

'It's not that you can't tell someone, is it?' Gajeel spoke and I nodded to Sting and Rogue. 'It's that in doing so there's a chance you'll get hurt.'

'What do you mean?' Erza had been observing for the most part, now curiosity ran over her.

'(Y/n)?' I gave him a look to tell him to keep going, I couldn't look at anyone in the face though. 'Crystallisation is only a cover up, (y/n) has a sort of "curse" meaning if some words are said, like "hurt" the word will inflict what it means. So hurt would cause pain. That's why (she's/he's) afraid to talk.'

'(Y/n),' Sting hugged me tight.' I'm so sorry. I wish I could take back everything.'

'I deserve it.' I wept, tears just falling. 'I'm not a good person. I've kept too many things from you. I still can't say anything because I don't want to - well mm- you.'

'Hurt?' I nodded to him. 'I don't care if I get hurt.'

'(Y/n) gets damage from some words too.' Juvia piped in. 'Juvia hated just watching (y/n) in pain.'

'Juvia,' I got up, stumbling over to her. 'Thank you.'

'(Y/n) give Juvia your curse momentarily.' She knew my limits. 'If you explain it quick it'll work.'

'Are you sure.' Juvia nodded kindly. 'Exchange. Don't speak ok? Ah'

I yelped out as pain hit me in the chest.

'This is only temporary. A minute or so.' I crouched down holding my chest. 'Quick. Question.'

'Where did you go?' Rogue spoke out, I began to feel my head throbbing.

'Shadow Claw. A guild I started with people from Phantom Lord.' I stopped for a moment, breathing in to conceal the pain. 'I hated it. One of them wouldn't let me sleep alone. I was tortured at the beginning. They starved me. I'm going insane.'

I screamed out. The spell wore off.
_______________
Chapter 19

Next Chapter: Please Remember