III

C H A P T E R T H R E E | JUSTIN

Third Person POV:

NEW YORK CITY. The buzzing sounds of cars, the chatting of pedestrians moving to their destinations in a quick pace and the bright city lights shining in your face as you admire the surroundings all around you. Calida stared at the giant apartment building in front of her, feeling the nerves rise in her stomach, as she knew this was her new home now for a while. Biting down on her lip, she didn't realize her dad was calling out her name to help with the bags as she just continued to stare at the building, overthinking the many possibilities that could happen while she now lived here.

"Calida? Are you listening to me?" Her father, Eros, snapped her out of her daze finally turning her attention towards him.

"Oh... yeah sorry." She sighs, bending down to grab one of her small bags and a box, carrying it inside the building and having a look around the lobby as well. The interior was super exquisite, as the walls had gold and black stripes all over, with a huge chandelier hanging over the main foyer, and people scattered all over the room. Calida followed her dad over to the concierge, letting him do all the signing in for herself as Cal's eyes still scanned the area around her. She wanted to see her place so bad, knowing it was probably going to be super nice, since the lobby truly looked like it as well.

When Calida finally got the chance to go up to her floor, she couldn't wait to see her brand new home for the time being. Tapping her foot against the floor of the elevator, she squeezed her father's arm as they finally reached the 4th floor where her apartment waited for her arrival. "This is exciting." She told her father, moving down the hall when they finally reached the door to her new home.

"Here is the key, and the front desk said if you ever lose it to just go see them and ask for another." Her father explained to her, making her nod and place the key into the keyhole to get the door unlocked. As she pushed the door open, her eyes scanned the small apartment in front of her as she immediately fell in loved at the sight of everything in front of her. Moving down the small entrance hallway, she walked into the brightly lit living room, with two small windows with the city lights pouring in.

A small dining table sat in the corner with a few chairs around it, then a large white couch with a coffee table in front. A pretty glass chandelier was above her head as it shined brightly as well, making the curtains against the windows illuminate. She smiled big, moving into the bedroom where she would be staying and already loving how it looked.

The bed was a queen, with one of those soft backboards that covered the wall, and various pillows made nicely on top of it. The bathroom was on the other side as it had a bathtub with a showerhead connected against the wall. "I think I'm in love." She grinned, flopping onto her new bed as her dad glanced around as well.

"It's really nice, I think it fits you." Her dad says, setting one of her boxes before walking back out, "Come get the rest of the boxes before I head out."

Later that night, after the both of them had finish bringing in boxes and unpacking them, they were getting ready to say their goodbyes. This was a little hard for Calida because she was extremely close to her father and now it was time to live out on her own now. She hugged him tightly, squeezing him a tad hard before pulling away to look up at him. "Keep Reagan safe and keep in contact." She smiles softly.

"I'm supposed to be telling you to keep me in contact." He snickers, hugging his daughter one last time before it was time to go, so he wouldn't miss his flight home in a while. "Work hard okay, and no boyfriends." He jokes, as Calida nudged him away smiling, kissing his cheek goodbye.