˗ˏˋ ☁️ 03┊triangle rice balls ☁️ ˎˊ˗

Making her way out of the front door, Eunbyul nervously brushes through her hair and organizes her bangs. She flattens her dress shirt and blazer to get rid of the wrinkles and pulls her skirt to the right length. Knowing that Jinyoung is standing right in front of her house, her heart races in excitement. It's as if a crush asked her out and he's waiting for her to go on their first date. Except it's not.

Still, she's eager to see him because she has always wanted this to happen. Walking to the bus stop together, riding the bus together, eating snacks together—she has always seen him as a friend who's worthy of doing such things together.

With an anticipating heart, she opens the gate and walks out. Jinyoung, who was standing with his hands in his pockets, turns around and softly smiles at her. He nods as a bow and greets her. "Good morning."

"Good morning," Eunbyul says and smiles back.

"You ready to go?" Jinyoung points to the direction of the convenience store with his thumb.

"Yup," Eunbyul brightly responds and they begin to walk down the street.

It's awkward for both of them. They've walked these same roads together for years, but never beside each other.

"Have you eaten breakfast?" Jinyoung asks in order to break the ice.

"No. I saved my stomach to try your oh-so-delicious triangle rice balls," Eunbyul says while rubbing her empty belly.

"You won't regret it." He looks down at her with a soft smile.

"Better not." Eunbyul gives him a playful glare and they both let out an airy laugh.

Reaching their destination, Jinyoung opens the door and lets Eunbyul enter before him.

"Where did he learn these manners..." Eunbyul grins to herself as they walk to the back of the store where the instant foods are placed.

Jinyoung leads Eunbyul to where the rice balls are placed and grabs three of them, one tuna and two chicken. Meanwhile, Eunbyul is just watching him from behind since she doesn't really know what his usual routine here is.

Jinyoung turns around with the rice balls in his hands and asks, "Is there anything you want?"

"No, just one rice ball is good." Truthfully, one triangle rice ball wouldn't fill her up but she only wants one to try in case it doesn't fit her taste.

"Alright, I'll bring this to the cash register then."

"How much are they?" Eunbyul slips one of her backpack straps off her shoulder in order to take out her wallet.

"Oh, it's okay. It's not much. I'll pay," he stops her and grabs his wallet from his pocket.

She gives him a cheeky smile and fakes a slap on his arm. "Oooh, our Jinyoung-ie is all grown up now," she sings and he laughs out of embarrassment.

"Come on, this isn't even anything." He tries to stop her from flattering him any more with her expressions and gestures.

She waves for him to go to the cash register and he moves on to pay. He then grabs onto the three triangle rice balls and walks to the front of the store where there's a thin, long counter stretching across the window.

"Do you know how to open them?" He sets the rice balls down on the counter and picks up a chicken one.

She shakes her head cutely, prepared to watch him with her full attention.

"Watch carefully. There's directions on the packaging, but you don't need those when you have me. I'm an expert at this," he boasts while waving the rice ball around. She chuckles and raises an eyebrow, signaling for him to begin and show her what he's got.