Memory

Memory

A day from now they won't remember. They'll remember select things but they won't remember every minute of it.Every thing the said and did. I won't either. I think our minds cut it out and only keep the important parts. The things that were different. And overtime everything else erodes. It all slowly fades away until there's nothing left.

Take a day of school for example. If you just have a normal day of school chances are when you get home you will remember the majority if what happened. But what about the next day, the day after that? A week from now you probably won't remember it at all.

Now lets say that it's another normal day of school but there's a huge food fight at lunch. You'll remember it. Next week you will remember it, the week after it you'll remember it. A month later the whole thing will still be fresh in your memory. It might be the highlight of the school year. The highlight of your whole high school experience. Years from now you'll tell your kids, your grand kids, about the food fight that you had one day at lunch.

Now why? Why I ask you do we remember that bit not other things like what we had for breakfast 3 weeks ago. We say that the human mind is advance but it how can it be advanced when we can't Remember details such as this?