Beautiful Darkness

"Alli? Where are you?" Cierra questioned into the phone. She found it in their mailbox at six in the morning with a note that said 'Alli'. There was an odd noise, like many voices muffled by a long distance. A door closed sharply. The breathing quickened.

"Alli?" Cierra asked again, panicked. The noise settled. Then there was whispering. Cierra's hands shook as she held the phone. Did they get her?

"Y-yes Cierra. I-I'm here. I," Her voice sounded strained and hoarse. There were more whispers, then a click. Alli took a shaky breath. "I need you to step into the driveway." She said. There was more whispering.

"Alli, what is going on?" Cierra asked, looking out the window. There was no one.

"Cierra, p-please just go into the driveway." Alli pleaded. There was panic in her voice.

"Not until you tell me what is going on. Where are you?" Cierra demanded. There were more whispers.

"I need-" She stopped. There were some murmurs in the background. Cierra listened intently to the phone. The voice was inaudible. There was a jingle of metal objects colliding.

"Alli?" She asked. Cierra opened the door but hesitated.

"Alli!" Cierra shouted. There was a loud crack, then a short yelp. Cierra felt helpless.

  "I need you help me, please." She hastily sobbed. Cierra didn't have time to respond before she was out the door. She slipped out the gate and into the driveway.

"Where are you?" She demanded. Cierra

"A-Are you in the driveway?" Alli took another shaky breath.

"Yes, okay listen, I am calling the police." Cierra pulled the phone away from her ear.

"No, don't!" Alli shouted. She paused, "Just stay where you are. Sorry." She whispered.

"What, wh-" Cierra started. She was interrupted by a hard swing of a short bat to the back of her head. She fell to the concrete with a sickening thud.

The man in front of Alli took great pride in hanging up the phone. He slipped it into his pocket and smiled. Silent tears rolled down Alli's face. The man gently lifted her face with his hand. Despite his rough attitude, his hands were very small and smooth.

"You played the part well, Allison." He grinned. Alli tried to lunge forward, but the ropes around her shoulders and waist kept her close to the chair. He didn't even flinch. The bulky man behind her smacked the back of her head hard. Her head rocked forward in his hand. 

"Dry your tears, little one. Cierra is coming soon." He said as he let go of her face. The bulky man pushed the cart of torturous instruments out of the door. The other one walked to the door, the only source of light in the room, laughed, and closed the door.

Once again, Alli was left with only her thoughts to accompany her. A few tears rolled down her face. They burned as they met the bloody cut that the whip left on her face.