CHAPTER 1

"Where the hell are you going?", my mom screamed as I made it to the last two steps of our moldy staircase. She is seated on the sofa while watching the television with Garry beside her. Her blonde hair was all over her face as she made a twisted expression. Garry just looked me up and down for a second then brought back his attention to whatever bullcrap they're watching. I unconsciously tugged my shirt down and turned my gaze away.

"Mom, I'm going to work. For my future, right? Are you high again?" I mouthed while tying my old grey converse shoes. I'm sure my words would trigger the chemicals in her.

I work at a supermarket with my bestfriend, Alex. We are both saving for our future college education although we're two years late because we graduated from high school two years ago.

My mom was surprised by my statement. "The fuck did you say?" She was about to stand up and attack me when Garry pulled her down on the sofa. "Chelsea, let it go", he said while looking straight into her eyes. She then paused for a few seconds then shrugged and went back to their original position. They both ignored me until I gave up on having a reasonable conversation with my supposed to be "parents".

I just sighed and shook my head. I strapped my black Jansport bag on my shoulder and headed out. After a few blocks of walking, I sat on one of the benches and opened my bag. I checked if all of the things I needed were there. Then I picked out my phone and texted Alex. He has been with me through everything; from when I was in a happy family with my dad, to now where everything's messed up.

To: SexyMuscleman:)

Al, can I see you now?

From: SexyMuscleman:)

I'm at work. Where are you?

To: SexyMuscleman:)

I have something to give you. Can you please give me five minutes?

From: SexyMuscleman:)

Oh, God Tania. Are you going to trick me into borrowing my money again? Dude, I have no spare. I love you but no. GTG boss is looking. Go to work asshole.bye.

To: SexyMuscleman:)

Take care. Thank you.

I took a few deep breaths and looked down at my bag. Contained in a box is a pair of Nike Air Jordan shoes that Alex has always wanted. Little by little, using my small income, I was able to afford to buy something in return for my best friend. There were also 10 letters which summarized our ten years of being around each other. We were inseparable since we were 9 years old. He should receive my gifts because I would feel bad if I leave him without anything to calm his heart down. Oh, my poor Alex.

I went downtown of Haptonville and stopped in front of the supermarket Alex and I are both employed in. The security guard, Paul smiled at me. "Tan, why aren't you working today?" He asked while observing my causal outfit, very different from our store uniform.

I awkwardly smiled back. "Uhm, I had an emergency at home that's why I couldn't come. By the way, Paul, can I please leave this bag to you and give it to Alex after working hours?" I slightly begged and positioned the bag in front of him. He smiled again and received the bag enthusiastically, "Sure tan! I'll make sure he gets this." I bowed and thanked him then I walked a few blocks again to get to my original destination; the abandoned glass building. It took me about 30 minutes to get there. I discovered this old, beautiful glass building two years ago. Every now and then, I go to the highest floor and savour the beautiful view of Haptonville. This specific place served as my peace for a long time.

I entered the dark building as soon as I got there. Still the same; crunching remnants on the floor, dusty walls, loose ceilings and creepy ass stairs. I climbed up to my usual spot at the rooftop which is located on the 10th floor. When I got there, I didn't even hesitate. I walked fast and climbed the railings, not giving a damn about the frightening height below me. I can hear the loudness of the cars, the bustling of thousands of people and the mixed music underneath me. I screamed out so loud that my ears are ringing; "Oh God, if you even exist, why would you give me this life? I'm fucking tired of everything. I can't take this anymore. My mom is a freaking addict, I feel like she doesn't know me anymore. My stepdad is a fucking drug dealer who molested me for years and they removed my right to fight for. I fucking tried, yeah, I did. I tried to live, but if this is what living feels like, I want to give it up." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Sudden tears fell down my face. This is it; this hell of a life will finally end. I hugged myself and was about to take my final step when a hand dragged me, causing me to fall on top of that human being.

"You fucking moron" was all I heard before my vision became blurry and I lost all my senses.

A/N

Hey you! Thank you for reading this. Please stick with me :)

Loads of love xx

-TheUnwantedPoet