Chapter 8: The Orphanage

Alexandria's POV

I stand up and sprint over to Eliza. We embrace each other and laugh/cry for a while. When I finally stand back, I remember that Lin is here too.

"Lin, this is my friend, Eliza," I quickly explain. "She was Alexander's boyfriend." Lin looks slightly shocked.

"I'm thinking that everyone here is a reincarnation of somebody from the late 1700's," He says to us. Eliza's eyes widen. She might be a bit surprised that I'm hanging out with a really famous person in a cemetery. Suddenly, my phone buzzes. I glance at it and gasp.

"Oh, shoot!" I exclaim, grabbing my bag from beside the gravestone. "I need to be at the orphanage in ten minutes!" Eliza and Lin look over at me.

"Ok." They say at the same time. I quickly say goodbye and leave the cemetery, running down the street as fast as I can.

"Alex, good heavens! I was worried about you!" The orphanage owner exclaims as I burst through the door, panting my head off.

"Sorry, I was...at the...cemetery." I manage to say. Sammy, one of the older kids at the Nage (What we call the orphanage), hands me a Kraft Mac n' Cheese dinner cup.

"It's the only thing we have left. Sorry." He says.

"It's alright," I answer. I slowly trudge up the stairs to my shared room. My roommate, Maria, isn't there.

"Probably out with friends." I mutter to myself. I plop down on my bed and stare at the mac n' cheese, half expecting it to fly out of my hands and make itself. When I finally realize that I have to do something to eat, I stand up and walk over to the bathroom. I fill the cup to the fill line and carefully place into the microwave. I set the cook time to 3 and a half minutes, then step back and wait. When my dinner is finally ready, I take it out of the microwave, stir in the cheese, and sit on the edge of my bed. OMG, I think. I just met Lin-Manuel Miranda. Whoa. I have a life. I actually have a life! Oh my God! Wow! Whoa. I need to stop freaking out about this and tell someone. Luckily, I know just the right person to talk to...

About 30 seconds later, I'm knocking on my fellow orphan friend's bedroom door.

"Hello?" I say through the the door. A pair of footsteps come running to the door. It finally opens.

"What took you so long, Gibby?" I ask. "Sorry, I had earbuds in," He replies in his thick French accent. Gibby motions for me to come into his room. I immediately plop down on his bed and start telling him about the cemetery.

"OMG, you won't believe this," I say. "Today, when I was sitting at Alexander's grave, Lin-Manuel Miranda walked over and started talking to me! I didn't even know he was there!" Gibby look at me in shock.

"You mean, the Lin-Manuel Miranda? Like, Linnamon roll? Linmonade?" I nod excitedly.

"Yes! I met Lin at the cemetery. I don't know why he was there, though," I answer.

"You didn't ask?"

"No! Why would I ask a famous person what they were doing at a cemetery? That's not my information to know!" Gibby stares at me. I stared back, concerned.

"What does that look mean? I don't like that look. Tell me what you're thinking," I say to Gibby.

"I don't...know," Gibby answers. "I don't know what you should do, but I think that I might know why Lin was at the cemetery."

"Why?"

"He was watching you," He replies, as if it simple, like an easy math problem, like it was so very simple to have a celebrity stalking you at a graveyard. I shake my head.

"You make it sound so simple, Gibby. But to have a celebrity spying on me? That doesn't sound so realistic." Gibby smiles.

"You'd be surprised," He says to me.