chapter one

🌹
i rolled over on my bed, scrolling through twitter. same old drama that heather just had to create. i decided to not get into it.

oh, sorry, i didn't introduce myself. i'm courtney, courtney barlow. an eighteen year old girl just waiting for her acceptance letter from college. i'm 98% sure i got in. i'm a smart girl, of course i got in.

i sighed at my boredom. in the corner of my eye i saw something sparkle. i got up and made my way over to it. i grabbed it and focused my eyes on it.

it read "highschool" by lindsay. lindsay made scrapbooks for all of her friends and covered it in too much sparkles. it was almost blinding. i sat down on the floor and opened the book up. on the first page it read "to chloe, thanks for kind of liking me!" i hung out with her for a little bit but i hated it when she called me the wrong name, like chloe.

i flipped the page to see a picture of samey, lindsay and i. it was so weird. who thought i would hang out with samey of all people. we only hung out because our teacher put us together for a project.

i went to grab my phone and took a picture of the picture (a/n weird huh). i quickly went into instagram and started to post it, captioning it, wow throwback to high school, two blondes and a brunette

 i quickly went into instagram and started to post it, captioning it, wow throwback to high school, two blondes and a brunette

right when i posted it, i got a text from my best friend, bridgette.

bridgette💙💫; meet me and
heather at starbucks? :)

courtney; sure, why
not, be there in 15

i turned off my phone and got up. i was about to get my shoes on right when i looked back at the picture. no, my hair didn't change or my eyebrows, but something more important.

i had a smile
🌹