Bring In The Ladies

Men are weak. They think with that thing bring legs, instead of the thing between their ears. Times were changing and women were raising into power. Across Europe daughters were replacing Kings and sons were dying off. While the men went to pointless wars and died for pointless causes, women stayed behind ruling the kingdom and raising their children. In England, yet another King was on the browse for a new wife. After taking the entire summer season to divorce his former wife and send her back home richer than she arrived, the messy annulment was under wraps. King George was a young, handsome and unmarried King on the search of his newest consort. 

             His councilmen suggested marrying outside of England, but he opposed the thought. "I want a pure English rose. Someone even more beautiful than my own sister," George would say. The men would laugh and reply, "No such women exist your grace. Your sister is by far the most elegant, beautiful English rose to grace our soils since your mother." George would nod in agreement. Lizzie was an angel in the mind of his noblemen. She remained unwed as she still mourned for her deceased son and husband. "Soon she shall need to be wed, but to whom I have not decided. I want her to remain by my side so English duke would do," George declared. The men said nothing in return as the wished for the Princess to remain unwed as she was still still the only remaining ties England had to the still, sacked France. 

           If the time came for England to take French soil back from Rome's grip, they'd need someone to put on the French throne. Who better than Princess Elizabeth who had had heir with direct claim to the French crown. All they would need is the perfect French husband who would sit next to Elizabeth on throne and they would make their strike. "Your grace, would should think about your marriage before anything else," One man advised. "Yes, you are right. My sister may wait for the time being. " 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Flames rose from the darkness of Princess Elizabeth fireplace. She stared into the heat as she burned the third letter from the Pope that month. He demanded she surrender her daughter's claim, as usual she denied his demands. "Who does the bloody old man think he is to demand I give my Princess' birthright away. I am Princess Elizabeth of England, sister to King George. Beloved English Rose of the People. Daughter of Anne Boleyn. I do not take orders from false prophets or their messengers! I don't follow orders, I give them!" Elizabeth ranted on. Josephine gigged at her mother's antics. 

           "Don't you worry my darling. One day you shall be Queen of France and the Pope will quake at the sound of your name," Lizzie declared, kissing her daughter's small head. "J'espère que je serai une belle reine comme toi maman." Josephine replied in her native language.

    Elizabeth smiled down at her daughter. "You are a Tudor. You are a Boleyn. You are Bourbon. You will be even more beautiful than I am. Remember that my little French jewel." From her chambers she heard the trumpets blow, but it wasn't a royal welcoming, in fact she did not know what it was. "Lady Dyer, I am going to go see what is happening. Get Princess Josephine dressed and bring her down to the gardens so she can break her fast," Elizabeth ordered, swiftly leaving her apartments. As she walked the people bowed and made way for her to pass. She reached the throne room where several ladies stood as if awaiting for something or someone. She knew that they were obviously new to court because none paid their respects when she arrived. 

      She strolled over to the Herald and demanded she be formally announced so that the women could pay their proper respects. The Herald obeyed out of fear of her. As he chanted out "Princess Elizabeth, make way for her grace, Princess Elizabeth" the ladies began to flock to the sides. Some noticed that the lady who the Herald the addressed as the Princess had already been in the room and that they ignored her presence. Sensing the anger flaring from the royal, every lady curtseyed as she observed the two lines. 

           "I came into this room expecting a respectful crowd of women, only to find that you all must have been raised on farmlands if you have no respect for the most highest rank lady in England. Let me give you a lesson in court manners, when a Princess of England graces the space you are in she is welcomed with a bow. You will not raise your heads, until commanded. Nor will you speak unless directly spoken to. You may not kiss my hand, unless I give you permission to do so. Now one of you will step out of line and explain to me why you have all arrived here in my brother's palace so disrespectfully." 

            A thin blonde girl stepped out of the back of the left line with her head head low at the ground. "Your highness, we have all been called upon by his majesty to tested upon as his new consort." She explained. "Surely, if your brother, the king, wished you to know he would have told you?" The girl questioned, daring to raise her head and glance at the Princess. Elizabeth stepped forward to her and stared directly into her blue eyes. "How dare you question my authority? Who are you to speak to a Princess of England in such a manner. If you think this will go unpunished, you are mistaken." Elizabeth firmly stated. 

        The girl began to break under the Princess's glare. Elizabeth had the eyes of the Queen Anne the Cold. Rumor has it; if you stare for to long you'll turn to stone. The blonde felt her body clamming up and broke her gaze. "I am sorry your highness. I did not mean to speak out of term." Elizabeth snickered, "You are not sorry, but you will be. Guards-" "That is enough, Elizabeth!" King George's voice boomed through the throne room. 

Elizabeth glared her brother down as she faced his direction. "These ladies are my guest, under my protection. They shall be treated by all with respect - including you" His voice growing low. "Oh really, dear brother I am Princess Elizabeth. Firstborn child of Queen Anne Boleyn and King Henry Tudor. I am loved by more of your people than yourself. Your men fall at my every beckoned call. My daughter is the only living heir to the French throne. I have armies in France and England ready to ride at my own signal. I do not bow down to Kings or their wives. If you gathered all the women in the world, and they shouted together, they voice would not override my whisper." Elizabeth swore. 

         Noblemen began to fill the room as evening feast was set to begin, but they were silenced by the stare down of their King and his sister. "Elizabeth I am warning you. If you continue on this path, you'll find yourself like our dear deceased brother," George attempted frighten her so his men would not see him falter under the eyes of a women. "That is where you are mistaken, George. There is a big difference between Edward and I. I have a clear claim to your throne and the backing of not only your people, but half of Europe. And if I wanted your throne, trust me your majesty, I'd have it." 

      With that rebuttal Elizabeth swung the lower half of her dress as she swiftly turned to leave. The women that had rose their heads to watch the argument quickly bent back into their stances. The noblemen who were watching made way for her to pass, kneeling each greeting her as she passed. George though refused to let her have the last word, "If you do not show some respect I will take your daughter from you. She shouldn't have these evil thoughts planted into her mind," He declared firmly. Elizabeth smirked as she turned back to her brother, halfway across the room. "If you touch my daughter this palace will seem hell within it's walls like never before, your majesty. Which I don't it will come to sense your men, seem to be keened on putting me on the French throne. Just ask them yourself. You need me ...if you plan to stay King that is. I could always take over for you," Elizabeth laughed taking her leave to gardens to attend to her daughter. 

              King George felt weak to his knees as his noblemen began to whisper between each other. George had started another civil war within less than a year of his last one. The nobles did not know what to do. Princess Elizabeth was needed to win back France, but if the King decided he wanted her dead then they'd have to pick a side. The war for the reign of Queen Elizabeth was in the awakening and they all needed to be prepared for the war on the the rising.