A Psycotic Love

PSYCOTIC Love

I woke up to the sound of light tapping on my door. I sluggishly got up and opened the door, thinking it was the nurse giving me my breakfast; but instead it was just the nurse, and some man. I rolled my eyes, knowing it was just another specialist here to make me feel more miserable. I just left the door open, and without and word, sat back on my bed, in that little corner right below my window.

As I hugged my legs to my chest, I heard the nurse talking to the specialist. "She uh, just excuse her behavior. She's the more 'severe' ones, and she never talks. She never eats, all she does is sit in that corner. Frankly, I think she's deaf and needs more than just being in this home. But who am I to judge? All I'm saying is, you're wasting your time being here, because she won't respond. She's crazy; just plain crazy. And that's nothing you can help."

After I heard her words, I searched the room with my eyes for something I could throw at her, maybe to stop her from talking. She said the same things everyone says when they see me. 'She's crazy.' If I'm crazy, then they haven't seen what else happens in this mental asylum.

All the man did was nod and then the nurse sighed and walked out closing the door. I eyed the man, and then I looked closely at the door, afraid of what he'd do. Although I had no interest in the specialists that come to see me, I prefered women specialists more than men. The last man that came here ... well that explains my being in this corner all the time.

The man walked towards me and sat on the bed, eyeing me as well. I just took my gaze off of him and shrugged myself further into the corner. It's not that I was afraid of him having his way with me, it was the aftermath that I was afraid of. As I thought of a way to make him leave, he did something unusual. Instead of taking out a pen and paper, he extended his hand towards me.

"I'm Christopher." That's different. Ever since I've been here, no one has done that; well aside from the other girls. However, I wasn't going to just sink in and tell him everything about me. Instead, I just nodded and continued to stare at his hand. He finally subsided and put his hand back at his side. "Well, uh, I know your name is Alicia Jhonson, right?" Another nod.

So he started talking about how he can help me get out of here, and for once, I listened. He had a plan; all he needed me to do was open up. But it's not that simple. I'm not like putty in his hands and he can't make me do everything he wants to do. After about an hour and a half, he finally stopped talking and just stared me. I did the same and after a while, he sighed and got his things, and started to walk out. As I watched him leave, I realized that I actually didn't want him to leave, and that I missed having company. I was about to call out and stop him, but something stopped me.

He opened the door and looked back at me, shook his head and walked out, shutting the door behind him.

It seemed everyone was doing that to me now-a-days.