Incident #3

Incident #3. No one is hurt in this chapter. Enjoy.

Didn't proofread.

-

Lauren took a deep breath. She ran her hand through her hair. Her heart was beating hard against her chest.

She knocked on the door.

She grinned when she saw Sinu standing there.

"Hey Mrs. Cabello, is Camila home?"

Sinu rolled her eyes. "Lauren, how many times do I have to tell you, call me Sinu."

Lauren nodded her head. "Right, sorry. Hello Sinu, is Camila home?"

"Yes, are you two going out? You know you're banned from driving."

Lauren let out a laugh and shook her head. "No, I just wanted to ask her something. Chris is driving me. I just have a problem being in front of a car. Camila is the one that can't be inside one."

Sinu shook her head. "I'll get her."

Lauren grinned. She looked down as she waited.

"Hey Lo," she heard. Lauren looked up with a grin.

"Hey Camz, I kind of, I wanted, do you want to go to prom with me?" Lauren asked, smiling.

"Is this how you're asking me?"

The smile left her face. "Do you, should I have done something big?"

Camila let out a laugh. She shook her head. "I'd love to go with you."

Lauren perked up. "This is going to be one of the best nights of your life," Lauren said, taking a step back.

"Please, try to make it to prom without being hurt."

"I promise."

-

Clara and Sinu smiled at each other. "You look beautiful," Clara told the two girls.

Lauren grinned. "Thank you." She turned to Sinu. "I'll have her home at midnight."

Sinu nodded her head. "Just be safe."

Lauren turned to Camila. "Let's go Camz." Lauren pulled Camila to the limo.

Both girls entered the limo.

"If we're still together, do you want to go to my prom with me?" Camila asked, looking at her girlfriend.

Lauren nodded her head. "Of course. I don't plan on going with anyone else."

Camila grinned. She felt herself blush.

"I'm really glad I'm here with you," Camila told the other girl.

"I know, so am I. You really look like a princess today."

Camila didn't respond. She just leaned in and just before their lips could touch, the limo jolted.

Lauren and Camila were launched onto the ground. After making sure Camila was okay, Lauren crawled to the window divider and opened it.

"What happened?" Lauren asked the driver, who looked shocked.

"We hit another car. Just stay in there while I check this out."

Lauren groaned as she sat back. "Fuck."

Camila moved so she was next to Lauren. "It's okay. We'll be okay."

"I had the whole night prepared. Now it's ruined," Lauren told her, pouting.

Camila laughed. "We can still make the best of it."

"How? We're stuck here."

Camila looked out the window and saw the driver on the phone. She looked around and smiled.

"I see a McDonalds. I know you like the fries."

Lauren nodded her head. "Yeah, I do."

"How about we get some food while we wait. It's not fancy, but it's us."

Lauren nodded her head. "Okay."

Both girls got out the car and told the driver they were going to get food while they waited. After apologizing, they moved to cross the street. Lauren took a step towards the street when Camila pulled her back. The second she fell back against her girlfriend, a car drove by.

"Let's cross on the crosswalk, yeah?" Camila suggested.

Lauren laughed and nodded her head. They made it to McDonalds with no injury.

-

"And we are not going to make it," Lauren said, pouting.

Camila didn't want to see her girlfriend look sad, so she grabbed Lauren's hand and pulled her out of the car. She climbed the front seat and connected her phone, playing a song.

She got out and moved to stand in front of Lauren. "I saw this on That's So Raven."

Camila and Lauren then started to slow dance next to the broken down limo.

"This night is perfect just because I'm with you," Camila said, smiling.

Lauren didn't respond. She just dance with Camila.

-

The girl's made it the Camila's prom the next year.

-

Incident #4: An accident leads to another step in the girls' relationship.