Lei

May 3,Friday

Laila

"Damn, girl when was the last time you had these waxed." I said rubbing my finger over my clients eyebrows.

"Bitch, I cant tell you the last time I did anything for myself. With the new baby and Keith working all the damn time, I aint even had time to look in the mirror."

I shook my head.

"Don't worry sis, we finna hook ya shit up. My girl Niki gone fuck ya nails up. Ala gone d your hair. We got these new mink lashes in." I smiled at her.

"Why do I feel like I'm finna spend all my damn money in this shop."

"Girl, I'll hook you up with a bundle deal. Hair, nails, lashes and waxes. All for six."

"Alright, since you my girl. I'm gone let yall work."

"That's what I been telling you love. Leave it all to me."

I took her to the back and had her lie on the message table. I turned on some soft music and closed the door.

"Jetta, you have waxing in room 3." I said to my employee.

"Alright Lai. When Ala bring my food back tell her to leave my change on my table. Her ass kept in last time."

I laughed.

"I will."

I looked over the calendar for the next few days and I was booked for the rest of the month. I looked over and tried to see if I could schedule a time where I'll do walk ins.

"Look who I found." Ala said walking through the door with our niece Kaisey following behind her.

"Hey babe." I said bending down to kiss her cheek.

"Auntie Ala going to do my hair today." She smiled showing her missing tooth in the front.

"What she doing to it." I asked running my hand through her silky hair.

"Braids. Can I go get on the iPad." She asked me.

"Yeah it's in my office."

She got up and ran to the back.

"How did you end up catching up with Asia." I asked Ala.

"I stopped to get the burgers and they were in there. Here." She handed me my Starbucks.

"Shania is getting waxed. You think you can squeeze her in real quick." I said looking at the schedule.

"Yeah, my next appointment, not until five anyways." She said sitting in her rolling chair behind the front desk.

She took out everybody food and they came to the front to get it.

"Jetta said leave her change too. Stealing ass." I said grabbing my burger.