Ala Chp. 2

May 8, Wednesday

May 8, Wednesday

"You always do this shit at the last minute." I said into the phone.

Ben was canceling on me again for the second time. He was supposed to come to Atlanta to spend a few days with me but somehow, he got caught up in this business deal. He's claiming to have a few meetings lined up so when he leaves New York he'll be going straight to Louisiana.

"I'm sorry Babe. Did you get the flowers I sent."

I looked at the vase of lilies sitting on the coffee table.

"Mmhm." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't act like that. You can always come visit me here."

"You know I don't have any time for that right now."

"Well then, it looks like we're going to have to wait. I miss you though baby."

I tried to keep from smiling but I couldn't. He had this effect on me and he knew it. It was hard for me to stay mad at him. No matter how much I wanted to. I guess this was just the price we have to pay right now so it can benefit us in the future.

"I miss you too."

"Now we're on the same page but Babe I have to go. I love you."

"Love you too."

The phone hung up and I sighed.

"It won't always be like this." I mumbled to myself.

I went upstairs to my room and found me something to wear before getting in the shower. When I got out I applied my face mask. I looked in the mirror at my damp pink hair. I ran conditioner through it with my fingers, mentally reminding myself to think of a new color to change it to.

After doing my morning routine, I walked back in my room and my phone was buzzing on my bed. IT was Lei.

"Hello."

"Um, did you forget you had to be at the store early?"

"Damn, I'm on my way there now."

"I know your ass. You're still not dressed." She accused.

"I am, I'm on my way there now."

"Yeah okay. If you miss the make-up delivery at 11, we fighting."

I rolled my eyes. I looked at the time. It was only 9:30.

"I got this. What you doing anyways."

"I just dropped Siem off at daycare."

"Oh, I ordered the stuff for our photoshoots too."

"I'm excited. I can't wait until we finally tell everybody."

"I know, Bruh this shit is wild. When we go to LA in a few weeks, then we'll be able to tell them."