Chapter 1: The New Beginning

"Please watch over Page, Essence" my mother said having tears running down her face giving both my brother and I a hug before boarding the plane to Las Angeles California. "I don't know why we have to stay with dad mom!,why can't we stay with you?" Page said with tears coming down his soft checks. "I know this is hard but it's for the best. You both will find better opportunities if you stay with your father." "You are a big boy and big boys do not cry okay baby."

"I know" Page said looking down on the floor trying not to make eye contact with mom. "Please be nice to your father,he is a very hard working man." Mom said as we were headed to the terminal. "I know it has been quit a while since you both have seen your father but remember the past is the past." "How can you be so calm and treat that man as if he done nothing wrong?" Did you forget what he done to you in the past years?" Essence said raising her voice. "Don't forget that man is your father Essence", I asked him to take you and your brother in, you won't find nothing here in New York." "But mom...Essence I do not want to hear your bickering, you sound like a little child right now."

The talking turned into silence before entering terminal 4. Walking closer and closer to the gate I realize that once I board this plane I won't see my mom again. What can I do without her? We have been through so much heartaches in the past.  Looking back...I feel as if I was the reason why my brother and I have to live with my dad. If I had not left the house that night, then we could stay with mom. How can I just up and leave her?  What if I do not fit in this new life?I can not believe she said that though, the past is the past. I hate that man. He will never be considered a father to me but more of an acquaintance.  

We reached the gate. I can feel my heart pound. Standing in line with the rest of the people waiting to get their boarding passes and passports in hand. A lady wearing navy blue dress suite with a white pilot shirt underneath. She had a white scarf wrap around her neck. Her hair was kept neatly into a bun. No hair out of place. Page was next in line to receive his boarding pass then I was next. Her eye are ocean blue. Her name is Amy as it said on her name tag. "Thank you Amy" I said as she gave me my boarding pass. "Your very welcome" Amy said. Have a safe flight. I looked at my boarding pass to see the seat I was sitting in. I wanted to make sure I sat with my brother.  He had E6 and I had E7. My brother and I was the last people in line to head inside the gate. 

Tears started to form in my eyes. This is my final goodbye. Before walking through the gate. Page gave mom a hug and then me.  That hug lasted for three minutes until we had to let her go. I held Page by his hand as we walked inside the terminal. A long narrow hallway led us inside the plane. I didn't want to look back because seeing her farther and father away from me until I could not see her no more would make me ball out cry. I love my mom, I would do anything I can for her. We made it to the plane. Searching for our seats and placing our bags in the cubby and finally sat down. It was five minutes before took off. The flight attendant was placing everyone in their seats while the captain in the speaker was informing everyone how long the flight from New York to California will take. "SEVEN HOURS"Page said so impatiently. "That so long". 

 My phone was starting to vibrate through my pocket.  I checked my phone and I got a text from mom. "Huh" I thought to myself. I opened the message and it was a picture of mom taking Page and I to our first Easter party. We had so much fun. We were so happy. Seeing that picture just brought back so much memories. Then my phone vibrated again. It was another text from her. It reads I love you and Page so much. You both are my blessing sent from God. I always and will always love you, mom. Tear feel down my face. I wanted to leave the plane but it was to late the plane was ready to take off. "MOM" I cried to myself "mom". And we were flying in the skies headed towards Cali.  

Hello everyone,

A friend inspired me to write this book, I kinda took a little bit of her life and made it into my book. 

This is my first book I am writing tell me what you think. Next chapter Page and Essence will finally get to meet their dad. 

Stay Tooned!!!!! Also Like, Share and Comment what you think about the book.