Chapter 2: My Past Memories

Through the whole plane ride I only stared at the picture and text messages my mom sent me before we left New York. Still remember the good times we used to have when Page and I were little. I closed my eyes trying to get at least some sleep but still thinking about the day mom and I walked in on our father fucking his coworker.

 That was the time I loved my dad. He would love me like any other father loves his daughter. He would protect me from harm and I always got what I wanted. I was his princess. Suddenly that changed ever since he couldn't keep his dick in his pants and cheated on mom with his coworker. 

To this day it still haunts me. I was 7 years old when it happened.

"To my beautiful princess in the world" dad said as he walked into my room waking me up in the morning for church.

  "OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE IT DADDY...THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU. Dad bought me a white gown with a big red rose of the back and pretty red church shoes. I see my mom holding my baby brother Page in her arms.

 "MOMMY MOMMY, LOOK WHAT DADDY GOT ME. Isn't pretty." Yes it is baby. Hurry up and get ready. Once I am done putting close on your brother you need to be done so I can do your hair. We are leaving at 8 o'clock on the dot."

 I rushed out the bed and headed to the shower. After the shower mom helped me into the dress daddy got me and she did my hair. 

"Alright Essence your all done. Now go sit in the living room chair and don't mess up your dress."

I felt like I was sitting in the chair for hours. Then something pressed firmly on my head.  "You look like a real princess Essence."

Daddy grabbed my hand and walked me to the mirror.  I saw a beautiful tiara on my head.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH DADDY." I leaned in to give him a hug. "You know you will always be my princess...I know daddy and I always will be."

Few minutes later mommy was done. She was so beautiful. She wore a White dress with white high pumps with a diamond necklace and earrings. While mom was putting Page in the stroller my dad walked over to mom. 

"Look so beautiful." He hugged her from behind. Finally we all left the house and walked to church. 

The walk to the church was peaceful. It was such a beautiful day. I could feel the breeze in my skin. I  can see the church few blocks away.

 Then dad got a call. "Hello" my father answered. "Now... its not a good time...uuhh fine Ill be over in 15 minutes."

 My dad let out a big sigh. "Who was that honey. "It was my job, they need me to come to work." "But you have a day off, can't they call someone else." "No I'm sorry." I'll make it up to you I promise. My dad gave mom a kiss on the cheek. Soon he stopped me and picked me up.

Essence you know you are my princess right." "Yeah daddy I know and I will always be your little princess". 

"I am sorry to break your heart baby girl but daddy have to got to work okay." "But I thought you were going to spend Sunday with us." " I know baby but I have to work... don't worry daddy have a big surprise when you come back to church okay." " REALLY." I want to know... tell me daddy please." "Not until after church." "OKAY DADDY." My father always kept a smile on my face. It was never down or anything. I can always tell him everything.  How my day was in school and he would be right there to listen. 

After that my father was gone. We made it to the church. There was not so much people to the church so we sat in the first row. 

My mother love God. Every night she would tell me to pray to him because he is the one that can protect me from anything bad. She told me God gave me and my brother to her and daddy. She was so blessed to have us in her life.