A New School (Priany Cubella)

Cyra has been bullied since second grade, I feel like a new school would be good for her. No one would need to know about what happened with Jenny, no one would need to know anything about elementary and middle school.

"Cyra, can you get me some pencils?" I asked, sitting down at my desk. She was lying face down on her bed.

"Did you run out?" she asked, sitting up.

"No, but I want to have a safe supply for school." I said and opened up the notebook that was full of different character, plot, and setting ideas.

"Why do you even need a pencil if you write on the computer?" Cyra handed me two pencils.

"I have limited storage on a computer, and I'm not just going to buy a new computer when I run out of space, so I'm going to take notes in a notebook." I flipped to the plot section of my journal and scratched down a few words, erased some and turned on my laptop.

"Instead of doing that, could you look up highschools in the area?" Cyra asked, doodling on her hand.

"I mean, I could, but I want to be paid for my time on the computer, and I get paid for writing."

"And you have to pay for therapy, which I won't need if we transfer schools." Cyra looked up to talk to me.

"Well than." I opened Google and started searching for highschools.

"Find anything?" I asked

"The page is still loading." I rolled my eyes and clicked through websites before finding one that seemed perfect.

"Ooh, whatcha looking at?" Cyra ran over to my desk when she saw a page open for longer than twenty seconds.

"It's Westen Highschool, it's a half hour away and there's a bus that comes here. It was founded by a woman who  thought the education system was changing too much and wanted her own school that didn't change policies. It's extremely cheap and the lockers are huge. It has a 4.2 star rating." I summarized the page. Cyra squealed.

"Mom, come up here!" she yelled, blasting my eardrums "Pri found a school!"

Mrs. Martin walked up the stairs and opened the door. "Your brother is napping!" she said

"Well, he probably isn't anymore." I said, hearing the cries from the bedroom next to us. The door opened and Cyra's two year old brother, Nico, wobbled into the bedroom.

"Momma, CeCe is loud." he said, sniffling and letting out short cries.

"Yes she is." Mrs. Martin said, glaring at Cyra.

"Whatever, look at this!" Cyra pointed to my screen and Mrs. Martin saw the school.

"Here, I'll enroll you. Jenny's going to be out of your life. For good this time." Mrs. Martin said after looking at the page in silence for a few minutes.

"Mom, thank you!" Cyra said, her French origins more accented in that sentence that any I'd heard from her. Even when she's speaking French.

"Also, you're leaving in a few weeks. It's a boarding school."

"A boarding school with lockers?" Cyra asked and I giggled

"CeCe and Pri are leaving?" Nico asked

"Yeah, they need to start packing. I got them each a suitcase." Mrs. Martin picked up Nico and brought him over to his room. We could hear Nico begging for his own suitcase.

Sorry sorry sorry, yes I know that this is a super short chapter, I've been having extreme writer's block lately, that's also why this was out so late. Love y'all! -And Meggy