IHSA

The sky was more beautiful than ever. It was supposed to be the peak of spring. Birds chirped all around, butterflies collected nectar in from the blossoms of flowers in the yard, and the colts were whonnying.

My parents and I had just bought a ranch on the outside of a big horse town in Kentucky. I had tons of friends already, and I was totally falling for this guy named Tye.

Tye was tall, sexy, nice, and was everything I had ever wanted. you know, besides my horses. I have dated a lot of boys, but none have been the right guy I guess you could say. I know he's the one.

We have been together for 4 weeks now, and we have enjoyed every moment of it. I can't imagine a time that could be happier than this.

I got up from cloud gazing, and said, "I bet I can beat you to the barn!" and I took off running. Tye hollered "Oh you know I'll get you!!!" A couple seconds later, he caught me, and tickled me until I collapsed because I was so worn out from laughing.

"Maybe she needs CPR!" Tye humorously questioned.

"Yes I do!" I said with my eyes still closed, and I blew my bangs out of my face.

So Tye laid down next to me, turned me towards him, and I opened my eyes. Then closed them. a Then he kissed me.

MAGICAL!!!

Then I got up, ran towards the barn, and Tye shouted "Hey! That's not fair! You got a headstart!"

I beat him into the entrance of the barn and said while still catching my breath, "I thought you were sure you could beat me!!!

"I WAS pretty damn sure!"

"Then why didn't you beat me!?"

"Um... I gave you a minute of a head start!!! DUH!!!"

"Ya right!"

"Let's go feed the horses."

"They're already fed!"

"Oh ya we had the students today!"

The barn was silent for a moment.

"Hey did you know that my sister Allie is pregnant?" Tye asked.

"No! That's awesome!" I exclaimed. We were so close that I was practically going to be an aunt.

"Ya she is 3 months. She told me yesterday I was sure she would have told you."

"Nope."

We went to water the arena and cleaned tack.

The phone started ringing, and I went to go see who it was.

"Hello, is this Talliah Marion?"

"Yes, and who might this be?" I answered.

"This is Jodie Wietharn from the IHSA"

"Oh my gosh! Did I get excepted to your competing team?"

"Yes, and you have the opportunity to come down and pick out your horse, housing, and other needs anytime."

"Okay! That sounds great!"

"Call me back 2 days prior to when you are coming."

"Okay, bye!"

"Goodbye."

I leaned against the wall and blew the hair out of my face.

"Tye!" I hollered.

"What?" He answered. He must have been scared that something was wrong because I ward the nerves in his voice.

"Come in the office!"

He ran to the office in a frantic pace.

"What Talliah?" he asked, his face looking worried, "Oh okay, there's nothing wrong."

"Guess."

"You ordered a new saddle? 'Cause you have plenty enough"

"No. I got accepted to IHSA!"

"Oh my Gosh!"

"Yes!" I waved him to me with both hands, smiling. He picked me up and kissed me. He was a good kisser. We kissed and kissed until the phone rang.

"I'll get it!" Tye shouted.

I huffed out air and smiled at Tye. He was so... so perfect. He had a six packa abs, he had hair that was so hot it was unexplainable, kind of like the famous Ty Borden, he was 6' 5"compared to me being 5' 8", and he was 2 years older than me. My mom hired him to be our stable's roping teacher.

This book is dedicated to Makenna Spillman and Kali Ford, my best friends. I am writing more! Thanks to all you who vote!!!