The Child of Night percy jackson fanfic

Hey guys just some random idea that popped into my head so idk how this will turn out. it is a percy jackson fan fic.

                                                                                    PROLOGUE

"They can never know." Muttered nyx. "the gods can never know.They would take him away from me." She looked down at the squealing baby boy. "never know." She stepped out of her palace and into the garden and looked up. There was a full moon. she needed to tell someone about the child. She finally decided to tell her best friend Artemis.

She didn't need to look for Artemis because Artemis came to her. she furiously through open the iron gates to the palace, blasted the front doors open, stormed into the palace and up the stairs, and blasted the door to my bedroom open. She demanded i tell her everything. when she told Artemis all of the details her friend was shocked. "you want me to keep a secret as big as that!!!!!"

 Nyx looked her in the eye. "If you won't that's fine. You are one of the twelve Olympians, If Zeus was to find out he would be mad and you would surely lose your place as one of the Olympians, I could never ask one of my friends with something as big as that at stake.

Artemis pretended to think about it. "now that you put it that way.....................I'll do it!" Artemis grinned.  "Besides If you told him never to get mad at me he would listen to you!"

Nyx blushed. Nyx was more powerful then Zeus and he was afraid of her but she didn't like it when people brought it up.

(a little message to u guys...I looked up info about Nyx and it says that even Zeus is afraid of her....since rick Riordan never brings her up in stories...or in myths....i don't really know her personality or close companions.)

Artemis glanced up at the sky. "I better get moving," she said, "the moon doesn't move by it's self." 

"Yes I know," said Nyx, "Do you promise me not to tell anyone?"

"Yes," said Artemis solemnly, "I swear on Styx not to tell anyone unless you give me permission."

The thunder rumbled since someone sweared on Styx.

"One last thing old friend." Nyx said. "Will you give your blessing to him and look after him if something happens to me? I fear my sister, Gaia, will try to attack us once she stirs from her slumbers."

"To this boy?" Asked Artemis doubtfully. Then she saw the look in her friend's eyes and nodded. She walked over to the crying baby and said some words to quiet to hear. "There it is done, his blessing will last until you send him to camp, on his way to camp i will watch over him and send help, i will try to keep him safe.

"Camp?" Snorted Nyx. "I have no intention of sending him to camp." With that Nyx left the room. Artemis sprang up from the chair she was sitting on jogged towards Nyx.

"He HAS to go to Camp, Nyx. It is important that goddess and gods do not interfere with the lives of their children," insisted Artemis

Nyx snorted, "says who? Zeus? He wouldn't dare try to stop me. Besides how would he find out? You and I are the only ones who know. Except I am planning to tell Mnemosyne.

Artemis sighed. "all right then. You must send him to camp if you become in danger. I must go before Zeus starts looking for me. The moon cannot stay in one place for too long"

Nyx nodded. Artemis left. Nyx snatched some shadows in her hand and fashioned a cradle the color of the night sky, it sparkled in different places every time you moved. Nyx gently laid the crying baby in the cradle. She began to sing a song to her baby. Eventually the boy calmed and slowly drifted into a dream. Nyx decided she must choose a name for her child. She thought and thought about it for hours. Finally the name came to her, a simple name. From that moment on the baby boy became known as Brendan.