✡ CHAPTER ONE ✡

Don't it feel like something's not right in his kiss tonight?

∞∞

"Tell me that you're not checking out at that guy's butt?" Alice-- my besfriend nudge me in the arm as I am lost in my own world checking the hot guy in the club. It is nearly 8 in the evening and we girls plan on having a night out at the club on a blissful Friday night where we're off the hook.

"Oh, I am tot's checking him out." I say out of nowhere, didn't notice the words leave my mouth.

"Seriously, Em?!" My friend exclaims in exasperation. Even though it's so loud inside the club, my best friend's retort would definitely surpass the noise.

"Calm down, okay? We're at a club, we should have fun for once." I explain to her, turning my head towards the hot guy's direction. It' supposed to be a reverse cycle, where I, will be the one to scold my best friend, and her, will be the one checking hot guys out. But I guess, it doesn't work like that.

"Fine." She mutters and slump herself back at the booth where we're sitting from.

"Hey, ladies!" A voice speaks in a slur tone. Both of our heads snap back at the person interrupting us, but to our surprise he was the guy's friend-- the guy who we're totally checking out from earlier, or perhaps I was checking him out. Not the friend, if you get what I mean.

"Hi!" My friend Alice greets, her face lights up with astonishment. I smirk to myself, seeing my best friend here shows interest to a new guy. She recently broke up with her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her with a bitch of a whore. She caught them ogling with each other's faces. What a total bummer.

She cried and cried for what seems like months of total desperation and misery. Good thing I let her have fun with her life, get over with the douche and live while we're young.

I, on the other hand is a desperate romancer. I never had any serious relationships before. I havent even tried to get on with a guy. Of my 18 years of existence, I'm pure as a white soap.

Seriously? Since when did I use ridiculous things in making a figurative language? I'm being ridiculous.

Out from my thoughts, I could hear Alice having a drink with the guy and.... flirting? This might just be an interesting show.

I take a shot from my cocktail drink I ordered before we even get to sit in one of the booths. I am now lost in my own thoughts, that I tune people out and feel like I'm in my own little world.

Before I even know it, I am being snap out of my thoughts, with Alice giving me a glare-- probably because I wasn't paying any attention to her or something like that.

"Em? Are you even cooperating?" Alice chastises looking grimly at me.

"Huh? What?" I say stupefy.

"I said, I want you to meet Todd. Todd this is my besfriend Emery." She says, emphasizing the best friend part. I roll my eyes at her being so overly dramatic. I might also have to ask her if she's having her week of the month. Or maybe I had just found her dirty little secret. Being Bipolar.

"Ugh.... Hey." I greet, feeling a bit embarrass at my total gesture. He hands me a hand to shake and takes it.

"Hey Em, nice to meet you." He smiles down at me looking me up and down.

"Nice to meet you too." I say, too happy to even consider it as a nice gesture. I shiver at the thought of him eyeing me. He's still smiling down at me, then it turns out to be a smirk. The kind of smirk you want to avoid, because it has something quirky in the inside. That smirk.

"You girls all alone?" He asks turning his head back to Alice then to me.

"No. We're not alone. In fact, we have each other's back." I retort sarcastically. Now it is his turn to roll his eyes. Alice just glare at me. I shrug back at her giving her an incredulous look.