»» alice in wonderland ««

everywhere was bright, too bright. everything seemed too happy and lively, it was as if they were in a dollhouse or movie set. it all seemed... fake.

it was after they collapsed that a sweet voice sang a lullaby to her, it was hypnotizing. a white rabbit hummed away, singing its song and entranced, she followed. a lovely tea party she went to, with an optimistic girl with blonde pigtails and a pink victorian era dress as her host.

in front of they were porcelain dishes and silverware, crafted from the finest of diamonds. the girl's green eyes followed her every move.

"i have found the cure. the cure to sadness." the blonde girl announced. her voice was so sickeningly sweet, the teacups rattled despite her gentle words. afraid was the only emotion that alice could feel.

the blonde girl with trembling fingers lingered her hands over the collar of her dress, slowly removing the buttons on them one by one; the act was repeated in silence. alice watched as the buttons slipped through its hole, terrified. dead green eyes looked straight into alice's soul, suddenly, the blonde's blouse came off. 

instead of soft human skin, her chest was a twisting, snapping mess of black thorns blooming rotten flowers. the table creaked as the blonde crawled on the table towards alice, the tableware smashed and cookies crushed on impact.

"cure it, cure it, cure it," the girl screamed, smiling eerily, "you can't sow this pain back together, but fear not! i shall help you, poor alice!" 

quickly, the crazed girl lunged towards alice, hugging her chest tightly. gently shushing alice, like a baby, her pale fingers probed into alice's chest, digging for her heart.

"sadness can only be felt with love, so the cure is to eliminate love itself!" the girl laughed sickly, as splatters of red splashed on her petite face.

alice screamed as her many veins connecting to her heart snapped apart, the blonde girl's nails were razor sharp. she gurgled feebly as the blonde held her hands close to where her heart once was, "there now, hush..." 

tears fell joyfully from the blonde's, though oddly they looked like crystals shining, "you will never be sad again, alice." serenely, she dropped alice's heart on a platter of cupcakes, ignoring the icing and blood flying everywhere. 

pulling a dead flower from her chest of thorns, she placed it in the center of alice's heart cavity. the broken veins connected together, forming a broken heart. smiling, she hoisted the lifeless alice up and walked her to the tea party once again.

"what a pretty doll you are, alice. let me formally introduce myself, i am the queen of hearts."

with a sharp knife, she cut alice's heart on the few dozens of cupcakes it landed on, and slowly took it to her lips. "you know, i hope you don't mind a little blood on your cakes." 

and with a smile she bit into the cupcake, licking her lips with satisfaction.