The Capture by τζενηβιβ and Μαντελυν

• Dedicated to Μαντελυν

Genevieve Aviva Ravel sat outside on her deck. It was summer, and the temperature was beyond hot. She kicked off her flip flops and leaned back to take a nap, crossing her arms behind her head. The thing is, sleeping can be a hard task to perform when the sound of about twenty jet planes is going over your head. The sound wasn't the worst part though, what was to come would be the real nightmare.

"What is that?" Maddie, Genevieve's sister, asked. She took a step closer to the side of the deck. She squinted her eyes and her mouth dropped open in horror and awe, she'd never seen anything like it. It resembled a hover craft, though it wasn't the same. Maddie slowly took a step back and her eyes widened as the jet drew closer. "Genevieve..."

The elder sister grabbed the younger's hand and began pulling her towards the house. "I don't know...and I don't want to find out. Run!" Genevieve screamed before she raced towards the small one-story house's front door. The girl's feet pounded against the porch, emitting a hollow banging sound.

Maddie's eyes widened even more. She chased after her sister, running as fast as she could. Then, as if suddenly, her eye sight began to change. Everything became brighter and clearer, as if in high definition. Things were zooming past her. Maddie looked down at her feet and realized they were spotted paws. How wonderful. She thought sarcastically. Maddie Ravel had transformed into a cheetah.

"Maddie!" Genevieve yelled, immediatley releasing her grasp on her sister's hand. Genevieve managed to make it into the house, holding the door open for her cheetah-sister. When she touched the door, it turned into an intense scarlet red. "Crap." Genevieve hissed under her breath, obvious to the fact that her powers were acting up.

Maddie sprinted into the house, her claws scratching the wood floor. Mom's gonna kill me for this... She thought in despair. Maddie managed to skid to a stop and sighed. Then, a tingling sensation over took her, again. "What just happened? Great, Mom's gonna kill us both now. You, for changing the door's color. And me for using the floor as a scratching post. Just great." Then, Maddie heard the sounds of a helicopter. A few seconds later, a thunk came from above. Suddenly, foot steps could be heard on the roof. "Well, wouldn't you guess, Santa Claus has come early." Maddie said, smiling light heartedly.

"Not funny." Genevieve glared at Maddie. How could her sister joke at a time like this? "God, we need to hide!" Genevieve turned and raced towards the closet, hoping that her sister would follow behind. She crouched inside and heard the sound of someone busting down the door.

Maddie followed after her sister. How could Genevieve not be taking this humorously? It was probably just some joke anyways. But then again, Maddie joked about everything. Maddie squeazed into the space next to her sister, right before the door came down. "Fine, fine. But I'm not going to take the blame if the house is ruined." Maddie laughed in a whisper. She was hoping it would tick Genevieve off.

"Shut up!" Genevieve hissed quietly. They really shouldn't be talking, especially now that footsteps were approaching the closet door. Genevieve let out a gasp as someone opened the door, hit her, and she went unconscious. All Genevieve could do in her last moments of wakefulness was hope that Maddie was going to be okay.

"Well, that's just great!" Maddie grumbled the second her sister was knocked out. Maddie knew that she could control her power if she only focused, which was hard to master. She leaped into the air towards one of the guys and hastily shifted into a Bengal Tiger. The fourteen year-old attacked three at once. Unfortunatley, the second one carried a tranquilizer gun and shot Maddie in the back before she could achieve her much deserved victory. She began to feel dizzy and soon the world faded to black. They were both unconscious.