Familiar Face

(A/N) Welp.  Even though this was originally just a small thing i did for fun, it has become more popular than my main stories...  So let us continue!

Y/n POV

As you set the barrel of your rifle against the rooftop, you took a deep breath, promising yourself once more that this was the last job.  You took aim through the scope, waiting for the radio signal as to who the target was.

"Alright.  I want you to look at the building across from you.  There should be a lucario on the roof."  You growled slightly under your breath, looking up as your breath hitched.  It was that same lucario.  Lucille.  You began packing the rifle.  The radio came to life, the speaker having an angry note to his voice.  "What are you doing?  I hired you for this.  Take the shot."  You took the radio and held it up, pressing down on the button.

"Not happening.  I know that person.  She's sort of a friend.  By the way, you might as well give up on killing this person.  I'm protecting her now."  You said the words in a flat tone, your expression blank.  You tossed the radio off the building, not bothering to wait for the response.  You quickly finished packing the rifle away, slinging it over your shoulder and glancing over at Lucille, the wind whipping your hair around.

Lucille POV

I ran my paws through the fur atop my head, trying to calm myself.  "It's fine.  Just another job.  You've done this before.  It doesn't matter that you know this person.  After all, he's just an accquaintance.  Not like you actually care about him.  So why is this so hard?"