Seven Minutes

Jacke's POV
You know those theories made by scientists? I wonder if the theory that they say in which you have 7 minutes to play back your whole life, before you die was true. If it was, I'd describe it as an old cd drive, being plugged into your brain and played over like a movie. Then, the flashes of your life, plays like a film. Exactly, in black and white.

One by one, I saw my memories in order; the first time I met my half-sister, the first time someone actually wished to see us, and adopt us, and even such a silly one as learning how to ride a bike. Such, precious memories. So beautiful, and entrancing, I didn't notice the liquid tears gather around my eyes and fall down to my chin. 

"Jacke?" A voice, a familiar sound, echoed in the absence of light and popcorn. 
"Can you hear me? Lynn, this is a stupid dare" The voice resigned with annoyance.
Another voice echoed, "Just do it!" it exclaimed in more like excitement.
"Ughhh! Jacke... Do you remember the time when we watched the sun, rise?" Ah, it was my sister's voice. The way she got annoyed with Lynn and her ridiculous dares. I really don't get where the girl gets her 'worst of the worst' dares. 
Lucia's voice sounded more like a record. It was as if someone placed a filter on her throat, enabling her to speak like she was in a record. I thought back to the time we saw the sun rise. We we're sitting together on a cliff, we decided to explore our surroundings that day we moved into our new home. The sun was similar to a moving animation; Blurry, and unpredictable. Its shade matched its background of divers colors, in both dark and light shades. There we're so many kind of shades, it was useless to try to think back on what color it was.

"Ahh, such sweet memories" A voice recalled me back into reality, it was different from both Lynn's and my sister's voice. It was deeper, and yet it had the light-heartedness of a girl. Gosh, I must be hallucinating with hearing too many voices.
I blinked, and tried to move in the void of darkness I was seemingly trapped. 
"So cute, indeed. But, haven't you realized that your seven minutes is up?" It mocked, I couldn't determine if it was a male's voice or a female. I tried to speak, but I also couldn't. 
"You know, you we're in a very vulnerable state. The barriers you've spent many time and work on just crumbled down by the sight of this images." It then sighed, "Have you ever thought, that maybe you don't belong in those memories? Maybe you don't belong in the world this memory we're made of?"
I frowned at these words, I gave up trying to speak. Then I heard a flick, as if two fingers met for a fraction of a second. I could feel my tongue warming up, and my throat cleared. 

"You mean Earth?" It was the first thought in my mind, "I don't know what you mean" I included. The way the person spoke, was as if... As if I didn't belong in the world I have been living in, it was as if 'The Voice' owns a world, and he's inviting me to it.
"Well, of course I mean Earth. I meant, what if you don't belong in it? What if there was a world, in which, games just exist?"
I thought about the idea he or she popped into my mind. I never truly believed in what-if's. I believed in facts, and what-not, so I believed that such world like that doesn't exist.
"I'll keep this simple, Jacke. You know, that you don't belong here. You know how much your step-parents care for you, they care nothing about you. You live in games thinking, that maybe this is a step forward for being normal. But, guess what? It's the same thing. A human will stay humane in either online and reality. You are meant to be in a world, where people understand you, and can relate to you. Get where this is going?" The voice asked. 
I thought about the question 'The Voice' portrayed in my mind, "So," I tilted my head to the side, "You're telling me, there's a world out there, right? A world where people like me belong" 

I could almost imagine a grin spreading on the person's face. I couldn't help but doing the same. "You finally get it, huh?" The person teased, "Well then. If you may, how about I give you a tour? Though... I plead you to mind this question... Will you give up everything, for everything?" 
With that remark, the darkness around started to crack. With every crack, a light escaped through. And soon, I was falling down, down, down... Not down into darkness, though. I mean down into the sky. I was plummeting toward the ground.