Chapter 1: Friends

Today is my first day of Highschool, I am nervous. I feel my heartbeat in my throat.

"Melanie wake up! Breakfast is ready" said my mother.

"Coming!"
I ran down the stairs to eat my breakfast with my parents and my brother. They are all so lovely to me, a little bit overprotective but I can live with that...

Well, time to go.

8.20 AM: I'm at school with my best friend Violet. I know her since 4 years and she is my only friend. Sadly enough we are not in the same class.
I asked her "Do you think we can make some friends here?"
She looked at me like I did something stupid.
"Of course!" She said. I looked to the ground. I want to go back to Nursery school. I had a lot of friends and now I don't know anyone here.

RIIIINGGG

Okay, here goes nothing.
I walk into the classroom, a little bit late because I didn't know the path. "Sit down, kid" said the teacher.
Ugh what a mean man.
I sat down next to a blonde, pretty girl.

"Hya there, I am Jill." I looked confused, she is really kind to me.. why?
Well I don't even care, maybe she wants to be friends.

"Hi I am Melanie, nice to meet you." She gave me an arrogant smile. "Nice to meet you too Melanie"

10.30 AM: Finally after 2 hours English class we've got 30 minutes a break.
I see Violet and I ran to her.
"Omg Violet, class was terrible and so boring! The teacher is awful and I'm sitting NEAR his desk!!"
She looked surprised and said "Wow... thats horrible. My first lessons were amazing and I made friends!" She point at the group girls near the stairs. They look really kind. One girl waves to Violet and shout "Violet come here!"

Violet walks to them and leaves me alone...

It feels really akward.
It feels like I'm standing here for hours.
"Melanie!" Huh what? I was lost in my own thoughts and didn't know someone was calling my name. I looked behind me, it's Jill. She is standing with some pretty girls.
I walk to them.
"Hey whatsup?" I said
"Hey girl, these bitches here are my friends Alice and Danielle"

Alice has green eyes and a high ponytail, she has different colours in her hair. Blue, green, pink etc.

Danielle has blue eyes and short, blonde hair.

"Hi, I am Melanie."
I felt a bit akward because I saw them in class looking at me and laughing at me, plus they really look like bitches.
But I really need friends here... feeling alone is the worst feeling ever.

When school ended we were together for the rest of the day, we were shopping, laughing, talking about boys and... making homework.
(Yes homework on the first day, I know, it sucks.)
We were laughing a lot and it felt like I know them for years.
I don't even know why I doubted them when they introduced themself.
I guess this school year will be better than I thought.

Well, I hope.