4: Withering

--TOMS POV--
I sat in our room with Amy.
I looked at her, still in the initial shock that someone killed Nicole.. I couldn't even comfort my brother, he just lost his girlfriend. And I was stuck here..
Amy was silent, she had curled up in the corner of the tiny room that we were stuck in, there was nothing that we could do. Nothing to eat, nothing to drink, and no way to comfort the others.

--SQUIDS POV--
I glared into everyone's eyes. I couldn't trust anyone. I tried telling myself at this was a dream, the lights had flickered three times, but how could a dream be this real? How could this happen!? Nicole is dead! My girlfriend is dead and there was no way to bring her back.
I stormed back into Beth and my room alone, I felt nauseated with shock, I wanted to wake up. Wake UP!
The door opened behind me as my eyes welled up with tears, Sqaishey walked into the room, I walked over to my bed and sat down slowly and stiffly, as if I was an elderly man in pain, however the only pain I was in now was emotional. I felt like I was going to be sick. My heart had just been broken. Smashed into a thousand pieces. And someone was guilty of it, one of my friends.
The only person I could trust here was Sqaishey, I was with her the whole time. She walked behind me and put her arms around my shoulders.
"It's okay." She whispered,
"It's not okay." I cried,
"I know.." She soothed. I could feel that other people were present. Stampy was watching intently at us hugging. I felt uncomfortable with him here, for some reason I just wanted Sqaishey, as a friend, to stay here with me.
-and that's what happened. I fell asleep in my bed, and Beth fell asleep on the other bed. I could almost feel Stampy's jealously.
I woke up early in the morning, it was about 2am, although I still wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not, all I knew was that it was absolutely freezing. I could see Sqaishey's open eyes, she was rubbing her arms and shivering.. I should do something.. But I can't.. If Stampy comes in he'll suspect something between us, something that's not there.. I don't even fully trust Stampy.. But he wouldn't do that surely.. He wouldn't kill Nicole..
Sqaishey caught my eye, I blankly smiled at her,
"You cold?" I asked her, she nodded.
I was nervous as I moved to the other side of my bed, Sqaishey stepped out of her bed and into mine. We both felt very cautious and awkward. I hoped to god that Stampy wouldn't open the door and see us. There was no lock.
Beth gave a sigh, sinking into the mattress, "it's a lot warmer in here." She whispered. I smiled at her, rolling over and closing my eyes.

I awoke from a strange noise.. There was a bump in the bed where I assumed Sqaishey was lying, I didn't want to wake her. The noise was almost like a yell, but it seemed to die out almost instantly. The lights flashed three times, wakening me up almost fully. Reminding me of something... I'm dreaming... Everything is a dream... Nothing here is real..
My thoughts seemed to trail off into inception. I woke up again, facing Sqaishey this time. All of a sudden the door started to open. I wished that I could jump into the other bed, but I'd have to climb across Sqaishey, I hadn't enough time. They were going to see me.. Me and Beth..
I pretended to be asleep, as this seemed like the only way to make the situation less awkward. To my horror, Stampy's head popped around the door. He caught a glimpse of us. I felt so awful. His mouth dropped. He gave out a sigh and closed the door.
As soon as the door closed I nudged Beth, her eyes opened slowly, "what is it?" She asked me,
"Stampy just opened the door.. He saw us.." I whispered.
Her eyes widened in fear. "Oh god.. How do I explain this to him.." She shivered,
"I can.. I'll tell him.." I offered,
"He probably thought we.. We got off together or something.. God he's going to hate me! We're done!" She cried,
"Shh.. No you aren't. It'll be alright. I promise you." I put a hand on her back, she was so delicate and small, she needed protection.
I stood up and looked in the mirror, sorting out my puffy hair. Before I just felt unbearably sick. My face turned white and I shivered, resting one hand on the bed, she's dead.. Nicole is dead.. She's gone.. My hands started shaking, i felt myself crumbling,
"Are you alright..?" I heard Beth ask me, I couldn't find the words to reply. I found myself gasping for air, the lights started flickering, my eyes started tearing up. I fell to the ground,
"Help!" Beth cried, running over to me, I felt myself blacking out. I was overwhelmed with pain. People started crowding in, I noticed Stampy first, he bent down to try and help me. Sqaishey put a hand on my cheek, begging me to stay with them. The only thing that I could focus on was Beth's eyes.. But soon enough they had gone. And it was all black.

--TOMS POV--
"What's going on out there?!" I yelled, everyone seemed to be freaking over something. I felt isolated, even though I was with Amy. It was then that I heard Netty's voice.
"Tom! Amy!" She cried, Amy's eyes widened in alert.
"Netty what's happening out there?!" I called, putting my ear to the door.
"Squid, he's passed out, we think he's been poisoned."
"W-what?! Who did this?! Is he alive?! Tell me everything!" I was so worried and afraid, I felt so helpless.
"Beth said that he just got out of bed and turned white as a ghost, it was just when he stood up he just went silent before he deteriorated and collapsed."
"Did Beth do something? Was this her fault? Was she the one who killed Nicole as well?!" Fury drowned me.
"I've got no idea. I haven't got a clue. All I know is that David has still got a pulse, but Beth is pretty distressed. Whoever did this was trying to kill David anyway. Time will tell whether they will get away with it."
I nodded. Terrified. Was he going to survive..?