Through The Blinds

"해수!"
"해수 sir!"
"We found him!"
Voices yell out towards me in the distance. As the two young men run towards me they trip on their way through the large field of buckwheat flowers.
"Are you two sure he's the one?" I question my two guards.
"Well. Your brother 이현빈! We found him!" Says 영화 (YoungHwa) in excitement.
"He resides in the 창경궁 (ChangGyeongGung) Palace." Adds 영민 (YoungMin).
"Well do you do guys have evidence?"
"Yes. He had a star-shaped mark on the back of his neck."
"영민 and I were just walking by the palace, but I noticed a man with a mark on his neck."
I turn my back to the two and ponder. I thought grandfather said he would not be easily found. This does not seem right. In unsureness I turn back to my two guardsmen and ask, "영화. 영민. We will visit the palace tomorrow morning," I look down at my attire, " will my brother recognize me? I do not remember his face, but he must recognize mine right?"
"...해수 sir, it is not safe for you to be a maiden right now. People may recognize you as the daughter of 김변식 (Kim ByunShik)." Replies 영화 in sadness.
"That is right 해수 sir, you must stay as a man in the mean time. That is the only choice you have for now." Adds 영민.
I give out a sigh and tell my guardsmen report back to the residence. The two give me a quick bow and leave. Before I follow my guardsmen, I look out to the buckwheat field inhaling the beautiful view and say to myself, "So, this is the start of another tough journey."
Challenge accepted, grandfather.

Waking up the next morning I hear raindrops hit loudly on my rooftop. "It's raining." With a sigh I get dressed and grab my sword on the way out. Looking out at the rain, I reach my hand out to feel the rain. Suddenly I hear the voice of one of my guardsmen.
"Sir! Sir! 해구 sir!" 영화 exclaims while running over to me. "What is it?" I ask.
He bows before me, catches his breath so he could talk again, "it-it looks like your brother was trying to find you too! But.."
"But what?" I ask.
He crosses his arms and gives a slight smirk, "He is really really handsome."
"And," I sigh before speaking again, "may I ask - why does the fact that my brother is handsome have anything to do with trying to find me?"
"Uh - oh nothing. He's just really handsome, so I wanted to add that fact in ju-"
"해수 sir." 영민 interrupts while running towards us. He bows before me and hands us our umbrellas before we all head off to the 창경궁 Palace. "Let's go." I say.

"Did 영화 tell you about his current residence sir?" 영민 asks as we continue walking.
"Oh sorry 형님(brother), 해수 sir, I was about to say it but got caught up-"
"Got caught up mesmerized by his looks?" I cut in. 영민 gives a small laugh but in the next moment his expression becomes serious.
"Sir, about where he resides, it is not easy to meet him."
"What do you mean by not easy?" I ask.
"He is often surrounded by 기생들(gisaengs). And those women can get quite...flirtatious, but they are exceptionally clever, as they know exactly who is who when they see them, so if they see someone suspicious, they have ways to keep those men from coming in to meet your brother."
"Then, will they know that I am a..."
"Yes they will 해수 sir." Answers 영화.
"So before you two led me out this morning, was there a plan??" I ask worriedly.
Both nod and lead me to a small residence near a small river. As an elegant looking woman steps out of the residence, I become motionless as it shocks me to realize who is now standing in before me.