Bows n Arrows + Vampire

Hey guys,

Here's chapter 2! I updated it. I was so happy to see that six people read my story after I posted it. I couldn't help but post up the next chapter. I don't know how to keep the whole thing together so all the parts are under the same title, if anyone does, please let me know. oh, and please vote and leave comments, I want to know what you all think about my work.

Thanks =)

Bows n Arrows + Vampire

Chapter 2- The Battle for Pride

That bastard. I raised my sword over my head and placed two of my fingers in front of me to show that I was preparing for attack. He just stood there in the same position, and didn't even bulge an inch. What a bastard, he thinks he's going to look cool just standing there. Oh boy was I going to beat him. I started running towards him, building my momentum and brought my second hand to grab the hilt of my sword. When I reached about two feet closer to him, I leaped in the air and used my body weight to build pressure. CLANK! A huge sound of metal clanking against each other could be heard for a while. I never even saw him move his sword up, it was as if he never moved. He blocked my thrust with his arm. I fell on the balls of my feet, but still held my ground. This time, he attacked me with his sword. He was doing this fast motion swiping thing where I couldn't see where the sword was moving. He kept on swinging his sword left and right and was doing it with such speed that it looked like a propeller. I was forced to block him and in doing so, was loosing my footwork.

There was no way he was going to make me fall to the ground. I am the best swordswoman out of the G7. Well, second best, considering Guinevere was the first. This move of his, it was so familiar, as if I had seen it before. I remembered that the oldest of the top ranked knights who was training us had used this on me when we were going through our practices. I remember he had told me that the best way to stop this was to pay close attention to the hilt and to find an open space. I let my hands focus on blocking him, while my eyes narrowed to his hands. I saw a tiny gap in between his knuckles and the curvature of the sword handle. Seizing my opportunity, I stuck my sword in between the two and stopped the propeller move. I head the crowd gasp, and I saw drops of red fall down the hilt. I had wounded him. Yes! I wounded him! Now I was extremely happy, because where there's a will, there's always a way, especially when it comes to kicking someone's ass. He chuckled and looked at me with the same humor and sarcasm in his eyes. That pissed me off, because he was still mocking me. How dare he? I just wounded him didn't I? Shouldn't his pride suffer? Why did I feel that it was still me? Now I really had to beat this guy and get my head into the game. I didn't want to waste any of my time anymore.

I crouched down with both of my knees bent and started thrusting the sword towards him. I was pointing the sword tip at different angles, hoping it would slash through his armor and cut him everywhere. He started blocking me and was now turning his sword counter clockwise in front of his body. Jeez, what is it with this guy and propellers? I should just call him propeller dude or something, because it seemed that this was the only trick that was left in him. I started to look for that space between his knuckles and the curvature of the hilt. The minute I saw it, I struck my sword straight there and slashed him straight in the middle. I chucked his sword up in the air and did spun around to grab it while it was falling back. Now I had two and he was down to 0. Haha, this was way too easy. I looked up to find him but I couldn't see him anywhere. What the hell? Where did he go? I did a 180-degree turn and still didn't find him. All of a sudden I felt someone's body press behind me. It was cold as hell. How could it be cold? It was hot as hell in the arena, and I am sure this guy was dying from a heat wave in all that black. I felt his arms slide up against mine and grab both of my hands. So, he was trying to get his sword back huh? Cheesy. Very cheesy. Trying to feel me up and grab a sword, almost like killing two birds with a stone. Asshole. What did he think he was? While he had my hands pried apart, I took my right leg and raised it up, kicking his head, then bent my leg and quickly kicked him in the stomach. He fell down but successfully maneuvered to get the sword out of my hand, slashing it. I bit my lower lip to balance the sense of pain that I felt. I ripped a piece of cloth from my blouse and tied it tightly around my hand, preventing any more blood from falling to the ground. Now I was pissed off. I ran straight into him and started slashing back and forth. He was blocking all my moves and at the same time continuously moving back. I started swinging my sword and when we neared the area in front of the stage and the King's section, I tripped him. I sat on top of his stomach and pinned his arms underneath both of my knees. I placed my sword against his neck.