SunSwap Sunrise x Melody

I silently looked around me, growing more and more nervous with the second. There was no one here. Did I come to the right place? I told her to meet me here, right?  Was she not coming? I've been waiting here for hours. She must not be coming. Goddammit, why did I get my hopes up? We're friends, that's all. She'd never see me as anything more. I'm an idiot. I can not believe I made myself do this. While I was mumbling insults to myself, I heard movement behind me between the trees. I turn around and stare right into the most beautiful brown eyes I have ever seen. They sparkle brighter as ever and seem to look right into my soul. The most beautiful eyes in the world... They belong to her, the most beautiful girl in the world, the star that lights up my entire galaxy. Melody. I see her smile, and realise I must be smiling too. I really can't help it. She's always been there to brighten up my life whenever mom pulled some stupid shit again. She always cared for me, no matter what. With her, it was fine to smile, to cry or break. I could just be myself, and she'd always accept me. Thats why when I saw that smile, it seemed like all my worries melted away. I knew what this would do to me, and how mom would react. But in that moment, I didn't care. I looked straight into my friends eyes, and I whispered silently: "Melody..."

Her smile faded and she looked more serious. "Yes?" She asked.

I cleared my throat, trying to hide my fear. "I..." "I like you..."