Chapter 4 | Mentality: Part 2 | The Origin

On the other side of the room, Allan found a staircase going down.

Out of curiousity, Allan went down to avoid the dead-alive body corpses and closed the door above him (That was lucky) and locked it. Then Allan went down some more, and more, and MORE.

"Dang, it's so dusty here.", complained Allan. He found a switch and clicked it.

Light. Light! There's bright light!
Allan finally sensed which part this is.

A library. The place is so dusty you could hardly read anything.
Allan cleans the dusty rug, and reads:
Library of the Beckers, 1982

That's like 35+ years ago, and Allan looked shocked.
He took the thickest book he could find, and reads the title:
Elliot's Diary

As Allan was about to open it, the book itself created a lock, forbids him to read it.
How strange, first of all..
Who's Elliot?
What is the place?

As Allan looked in front, he saw Jane.
Looking much as she was vomiting, kneeling in the rug, her eyes, looked like the universe.
Allan ran up to her, and disappeared, then he saw a big curtain hiding something.
Climbing the library ladder, he grabbed its end and pulled, then behind it, a painting was revealed.

It was a painting of a beautiful girl that resembles much of her mother. "Is that Jane? I never saw her in this dress before..", says Allan in a gentle manner.
Then he saw a signature below, naming "Amber".
"Amber? So, maybe she isn't my mom and is just a look-a-like."
He next picked up the next thickest book he could find and names:
Amber's Diary

Perfect! He quickly tried to open it before it was locked, and it did open. Well, some pages were crippled and ripped apart, most of them were.

Allan tried to read it:

March 13, 1921
Oh golly, i'm falling in love.
This boy, he's so gentle, and kind, and generous.
Mostly I can't take enough of this, i'm just a simple girl. I asked his name, the most beautiful name I had ever heard.. His name is--

Dang it, the bottom part was ripped.
Allan took a quick guess, and his guess was Elliot.
He read the next part:
March 15, 1921
My father said I can't have a date with him. :( Ever since I lost my mother, he'd been strict with schedules. I guess i'll never get to meet--

"THE BOTTOM PART IS RIPPED AGAIN!", shrieked Allan at his upmost voice, and the library shook, a little bit. Better keep quiet, this is a library after all.